How to soft mod Nintendo Wii ?

Anything hardware related goes here
ronr179
Bandit
Bandit

How to soft mod Nintendo Wii ?

Post by ronr179 »

I'm looking to do a soft mod on my Wii dose anyone have an up to date tut.. Using the Twilight Hack ?
cyantific
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: How to soft mod Nintendo Wii ?

Post by cyantific »

ronr179 wrote:I'm looking to do a soft mod on my Wii dose anyone have an up to date tut.. Using the Twilight Hack ?
Yeah download the twilight hack and put it on a 1gb or 2gb (non SDHC) SD card and make sure it's formatted to FAT.

You can learn everything here.
RHPG, home away from home :)
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by parminder »

i might give it a try aswell
flashed 16 benQ, 8 Sams25, 3 sam28, 2 hit 0059dj, 2 0047dh 3 0047dj, still stuck on 0078fk, failed 0047dj hardware

jockavelli
Herald of RHPG
Herald of RHPG

Post by jockavelli »

cyantific wrote:
ronr179 wrote:I'm looking to do a soft mod on my Wii dose anyone have an up to date tut.. Using the Twilight Hack ?
Yeah download the twilight hack and put it on a 1gb or 2gb (non SDHC) SD card and make sure it's formatted to FAT.

You can learn everything here.
Yeah very easy to do, just make sure you follow ALL instructions for the Twilight hack as per you disc ver.
All wii's i have done have been soft mods & all still work like a dream.
Bringing NEWS & VIEWS to RHPG
ronr179
Bandit
Bandit

Post by ronr179 »

Thanks cyantific i will be getting the Wii this weekend im looking at the link that was put up but im not completely sure about the download for system menu 3.3 or 3.4 is this what im going to put in the sd card, what is it? And what about the homebrew channel what am i suppose to do with this? Sorry if this sounds kinda dumb but im doing this for my girl so im not familiar with the Wii so thats why i seem a lil lost. just trying to get everything right before i start.
THANKS
lilrevuk
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by lilrevuk »

If it has 3.4 on, you will have to downgrade the console (once you have the homebrew channel installed that is).

This is the basics of this, make sure you do some reading to understand what you're doing before you try...

You need a retail copy of Zelda Twighlight Princess to start with. This is the only way you can trigger a gamesave exploit (of the same name) to install the homebrew channel (HBC). HBC is basically a channel to show the contents of your SD card, which if set up correctly you can install .wads and .dols from.

To get the console playing backups, I would recommend wiigators latest release...

Try here for reading (and some of the files), otherwise, Google is your friend :P
And if at first you don't succeed..? Order the damn card! :Phttp://tekgems.com/Products/la-pci22-vt6421a.htm
Mirc is a place to chat, post up on the site for help!!!

Return to “Hard mod or chip Questions”