[MGS4] ~ PS3 hits my radar...

Tell us what you think about the game you are playing
MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

[MGS4] ~ PS3 hits my radar...

Post by MsK »

Well..
I havn't really seen the point in purchasing a PS3 sofar since they have a week online setup & in my opinion there title range is it's very poor!

Infact every game worth obtaining on ps3 is already available on the 360 ;)

I'm a big fan of the Metal Gear Solid series - I fuckin loved it on the ps
& MGS was always for me the contendor that brings the ps3 up for serious concideration.

After watching this video my mind is almost made up...

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Guns of Patriots : English
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31703.html

The game looks very deep & intricate - I particulay like the mix of 1st & 3rd person play, along with what seems to be very detailed character control and a plethora of weapons & gadgets

I would be completly sold if it had online in both co-op & team deathmatch style play.
julio1583
Bandit
Bandit

Re: [MGS4] ~ PS3 hits my radar...

Post by julio1583 »

I am a MGS fan also. I also want soooo bad to have Gran Turismo 5. That looks great. Other than that FF13. But in retrospect. $500-$600 for 3 games? I will stick with my modded 360. :D
julio1583
Bandit
Bandit

Post by julio1583 »

Double Post. Sorry
Last edited by julio1583 on Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by MsK »

julio1583 wrote:I am a MGS fan also. I also want soooo bad to have Gran Turismo 5. That looks great. Other than that FF13. But in retrospect. $500-$600 for 3 games? I will stick with my modded 360. :D
yep.. GT5 is the second reason for me 2 ;)
lilrevuk
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by lilrevuk »

yep.. GT5 is the second reason for me 2
bought one this weekend after I saw Prologue advertised. Even though it'll only last 'bout 5 hours, it's still GT :D
And if at first you don't succeed..? Order the damn card! :Phttp://tekgems.com/Products/la-pci22-vt6421a.htm
Mirc is a place to chat, post up on the site for help!!!
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by parminder »

don know why my mates love gt5 but it is still goood though but if you are into games like need for spee, juice and stuff then this game will look really slow, yes big fan of mgs too, played all of them. i am looking froward to mgs4, tekken6 and grand theft auto 4, sadly not many games coming out on ps3/
flashed 16 benQ, 8 Sams25, 3 sam28, 2 hit 0059dj, 2 0047dh 3 0047dj, still stuck on 0078fk, failed 0047dj hardware

cyantific
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by cyantific »

3 more days! My copy is pre-ordered ;)
RHPG, home away from home :)
MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by MsK »

Well.. I finally did it - in a moment of boredom I bit the bullet & purchased a ps3 with MGS4.

I gotta say first impressions on the console itself I'm happy with it - it's my secondary console, 360 being my primary.
I think the main thing I am struggling with is the ps controller! even tho I have owned every other ps & i'm familiar with the controller it's just not as good as the 360 controller! no way near :o

I'm very impressed with MGS4 - it was frustrating at the beginning but i'm really getting into now.
Things I particularly like are the weapons / attachments system, the ability to switch from 3rd & 1st person & the intricate control scheme (this is what I struggled with to begin with)

It's very movie'esq & if you allow it - you really do get sucked in.
The cut scenes sometimes are long winded but the character animation/body language etc. is truly awesome - I thought GTA iV was good at this but MGS4 is just on another level.

I don't have time today because i'm watching the grandprix & then I have some work to do afterwards but I hope to capture some HD footage during next week & share with the masses ;)
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by parminder »

glad you got it msk, i had a ps3 before which 4 no reason i sold it three weeks b4 mgs4 was out, this game is basically unmissable and ive played all the parts to it. anyways 3 days ago i picked a ps3 again from ebay as they were out of stock everywhere else + in the listing it came with a white psp and many extras, i won it 4 really really cheap and i was wondering why it went for that much, after buying and everything payed him and stuff i brought it home just to find out that it wont read any games ( laser' gone ). now i am stuck with mgs4 game in my hand nd i cant sleep until i play this game. this is how much i love this game, more than my girl friend hahah,, hmm. but this game is the best and its got rating of 10/10 on gamespot and i havent seen any game getting 10 in a while.
flashed 16 benQ, 8 Sams25, 3 sam28, 2 hit 0059dj, 2 0047dh 3 0047dj, still stuck on 0078fk, failed 0047dj hardware

MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by MsK »

parminder wrote:glad you got it msk, i had a ps3 before which 4 no reason i sold it three weeks b4 mgs4 was out, this game is basically unmissable and ive played all the parts to it. anyways 3 days ago i picked a ps3 again from ebay as they were out of stock everywhere else + in the listing it came with a white psp and many extras, i won it 4 really really cheap and i was wondering why it went for that much, after buying and everything payed him and stuff i brought it home just to find out that it wont read any games ( laser' gone ). now i am stuck with mgs4 game in my hand nd i cant sleep until i play this game. this is how much i love this game, more than my girl friend hahah,, hmm. but this game is the best and its got rating of 10/10 on gamespot and i havent seen any game getting 10 in a while.
sorry to hear that m8... i've had my fair share of bad luck recently 2 :( - I hope u can sort it
Sesshomaru
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by Sesshomaru »

When people ask me whether to get a PS3 or 360, I always say PS3, the hardware isn't chronically flawed plus it's a better designed system with more features. That's not to say there aren't some maintainence issues with the PS3, the blu-ray tends to choke out on the 40GB model and EA games have a tendency to brick the PS3, but if you factor in the blue tooth support, USB support, free online play, ability to switch out the HD for a bigger one, media support, PSX backwards compatibility, Linux installation, and the raw potential of the Cell, it destroys a 360 imo. The only advantages the 360 has are Live and the ability to mod. The biggest flaw is obvious... the lack of must own games. That will be corrected in time.

Any way congrats MsK, hope you get on well with the PS3. :D

Return to “What you're playing”