PixelJunk's Monsters

Tell us what you think about the game you are playing
cyantific
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

PixelJunk's Monsters

Post by cyantific »

For all of you PS3 owners who are finding themselves not playing their PS3, log onto the PSN and buy Monsters by PixelJunk through the store. The game is SERIOUSLY addicting! It really reminds me of Warcraft III in the sense of building towers as a line of defense. I sold GTA4 and other games but I play this game every damn day! It has 2 player Co-Op and I love playing it with my friends. Great game, hands down. It's only $9.95 through the store and if you ever beat the game and get a rainbow (beat the level perfect) on each level, there is an expansion with 15 more levels for only 5.99.

Basically, you are able to build 10 or so different types of towers: Arrow, Air Gun, Canon, Fire, Ice, Mortar, etc. Each have their own specific abilities that more or less damage specific monsters better than others. You kill monsters and receive coins and Gems. With coins, naturally, you can build more towers. For example, a Canon tower costs 120 coins. In the videos you see flags on the towers. The color of the flag represents its level of power. It goes, from lowest to highest: Blue to Yellow to Red to Purple to Black. You can stand, dance, on the tower and upgrade it manually, or you can push X on the tower and upgrade it instantly with Gems. You are not able to build every type of tower right off the bat. You must unlock them at the Base by spending Gems. The main objective is to keep all of your tribe alive by not letting any monsters through.

It's a great strategy game that you can waste hours playing. Just snuggle up with a blanket and a 12 pack and you're set!

Here is the trailer:

Here is a video of the first level on the Medium difficulty:
RHPG, home away from home :)

Return to “What you're playing”