Resistance 2

Tell us what you think about the game you are playing
onyxx
Squire
Squire

Resistance 2

Post by onyxx »

I been playing Resistance 2 quite often lately. The game is divided into 3 parts Campaign, Co-op, Competitive. Playing any part will gain you experience for your over all rank and experience towards unlocking items/weapons (and in co-op and competitive Berserk are earned, these are similar to perks in CoD online)

The campaign mode is pretty short with not much story. The Chicago level has got to be the highlight of the campaign mode very well put together. Weapon selection is basically the same from Resistance 1 with a new weapon or 2 and some tweaks to some old ones. In Resistance 1 you could hold every weapon and every grenade with Resistance 2 you can have only 2 weapons an every kind of grenade.

The Co-Op mode allows up to 8 players to basically run through a series of skirmishes to completing objectives. the 8 players can choose between 3 classes which are Medic, Spec-ops, Gunner. Co-op in this way has the same feel as a MMORPG raid type situation. Medic would be the healer, Spec-ops would be the rogue, and Gunner would be the Warrior. Each class has their own experience levels an the more you level each class up the more items/weapons/berserk they can use for that particular class. When using proper team work the game can be really fun.

The Competitive mode is comprised of 4 game types Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Skirmish, Core Control(a little thin on types of games i know). Everyone knows what Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch are except in Team Deathmatch can get up to 60 players sometimes making a huge mess of a battle. Skirmish your team has to head to each objective an acquire or defend the target(similar to Headquarters in CoD4 online). Core Control is basically capture the flag except the flag is a spherical energy core. all game types earn you overall rank experience and Competitive experience which unlocks items/weapons/berserks for Competitive mode.
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Resistance 2

Post by parminder »

ive tried playing the 1st one, didnt carry on much but i am hoping this one should be better. is the story linked or can i just start playing part 2
flashed 16 benQ, 8 Sams25, 3 sam28, 2 hit 0059dj, 2 0047dh 3 0047dj, still stuck on 0078fk, failed 0047dj hardware

Return to “What you're playing”