Burning XGD3 XBox 360 games

Fighting Tyranny In a Technological Nottingham!
c0afanh
Bandit
Bandit

Burning XGD3 XBox 360 games

Post by c0afanh »

I am thinking about burning XGD3 xbox 360 games. I do know that it requires iXtreme Burner Max in which you can obtain the firmware from this site. However, I am thinking about getting the Lite-On iHAS 124 B drive which is the baseline drive and needed for burning XGD3 games. My question is, where do I get the drive at? I have looked at newegg.com and amazon.com in which they do sell the drive but when looking at the specifications, there is no mention about rather if the chip set is a B. Is there any other way of finding out the chip set of the drive you want to purchase online? I really do not want to waste money on purchasing a drive that does not have what I need to burn XGD3 xbox 360 games. Furthermore, I am aware that there are other Lite-On iHAS drives out there besides Lite-On iHAS 124-XX B. The list of iHAS drives are as follows....

Liteon iHAS124B = baseline model
Liteon iHAS224B = 124 + LightScribe
Liteon iHAS324B = 124 + SmartErase
Liteon iHAS424B = 124 + LightScribe + SmartErase (or = 224 + SmartErase)
Liteon iHAS524B = 124 + LabelTag + SmartErase
Liteon iHAS624B = 124 + LabelTag + LightScribe + SmartErase (or = 524 + LightScribe)

What is the difference in the Lite-On iHAS drives? Which one should I purchase and from where?
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: Burning XGD3 XBox 360 games

Post by moonknight »

If you get your drive from newegg you are almost guaranteed to get a rev b.

There are really only 2 differences as far as hardware goes. The ones that start with an odd number are the same (124, 324, 524) with just a different firmware flashed to give more features. Same goes for the ones that start with the even number (224, 424, 624)....

So the real question is, do you feel like flashing the firmware to update them, or spend a few dollars to have them come with more features out of the box.
c0afanh
Bandit
Bandit

Re: Burning XGD3 XBox 360 games

Post by c0afanh »

moonknight wrote:If you get your drive from newegg you are almost guaranteed to get a rev b.

There are really only 2 differences as far as hardware goes. The ones that start with an odd number are the same (124, 324, 524) with just a different firmware flashed to give more features. Same goes for the ones that start with the even number (224, 424, 624)....

So the real question is, do you feel like flashing the firmware to update them, or spend a few dollars to have them come with more features out of the box.
OK. Thanks for the information on the differences on the Lite-On iHAS drives. I did however find a Lite-On iHAS-324-98B Sata Drive on the newegg website for $19.89 with free shipping. I will order it tonight. Thanks moonknight.

Return to “Welcome”