Help Needed Client Bridge

Anything hardware related goes here
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Help Needed Client Bridge

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Alright guys, I dont know anything about routers etc hell I have a tough enough time opening my NAT, and setting my wifi password.

What I'm looking at doing is setting up a Client bridge. I have a couple xbox 1's sitting around and I use one to stream media to a TV. I'm planning on moving this xbox upstairs, and in doing so I'd lose my wired connection, and would need to go wireless.

Ive looked at the original xbox wireless adapter but Ive decided against it. I'm looking for a cheap solution, I'd rather burn dvd's than buy a $100 adapter, or pre-configured network bridge.

What I'm wondering is how would I do it? From the things ive read I will need DD-WRT firmware flashed to my router? Also do the two router's need to be the same, my main router is a dlink WBR-2310, and the router I will be using might be another dlink or a linksys.

Also, I dont want to have a PC/laptop connected to this router, is this possible?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Help Needed Client Bridge

Post by CoFree »

man
in the game room
this is what i went with
http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Linksys-WGA ... B0000AJVBW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
works great
not sure about a used one,but the new ones work good.

there are other ways
but
ive never messed with any :?
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Well the thing is, I have 2 or 3 wireless routers laying around I'd like to use.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

sadalius has done one of the route firmware upgrades and neorio also
i think it take 1 specific kind of route to do the firmware thing man
im not 100% on that
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Well with the FW, ive looked up the supported router's but I'll need to take a look at my router's and see if one will work.
cyantific
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by cyantific »

I use 2xWRT54GL. 1 is connected to the DSL modem in the basement. Other is in my entertainment room. Second WRT54GL runs Tomato FW in Wireless Ethernet Bridge mode. Basically it acts as a big wireless card meaning the basement router is the PC and the upstairs router its PCI NIC card and anything connected to it can see both routers instantly. So my 360 and PC both connected via CAT5 to second router and get IPs from first router because of the bridge mode. Works like a charm and inexpensive.
RHPG, home away from home :)

Return to “Hardware”