video card help

Anything hardware related goes here
SUPERCELL
Squire
Squire

video card help

Post by SUPERCELL »

was wondering if some one can help here i am thinking on buying a new video card and found this card that meets my power requirements it is a (EVGA 01G-P3-1430-LR GeForce GT 430 Video Card - 1024MB GDDR3, PCI-Express 2.0, DVI, HDMI, VGA DirectX 11)

i have a dell dimension 4700 that has a geforce 256 gt pci express x16 card now.but dont know if my computer will push this card that i am looking at fully because i dont no if it will support (pci express 2.0) my motherboard does have a one pci express x16 slot but will it support pci express 2.0

dell dimension 4700 specs

Code: Select all

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim4700/en/om/Y69490LRs.pdf
(EVGA 01G-P3-1430-LR GeForce GT 430 Video Card - 1024MB GDDR3, PCI-Express 2.0, DVI, HDMI, VGA DirectX 11)
specs
Lifestyle: Mainstream

Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce

GPU Series: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430

GPU/VPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430

Additional Features: NVIDIA CUDA
PhysX by NVIDIA
NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround Ready

Maximum Analog Resolution: 2048 x 1536

Maximum Digital Resolution: 2560 x 1600

Maximum Resolution: 2560 x 1600

Video Card Profile: Single-Slot

Video Memory: 1024MB

Memory Type: DDR3

Memory Interface: 128-bit

Stream Processors: 96

Core Clock: 735 MHz

Memory Clock: 1800 MHz

Shader Clock: 1470 MHz

Memory Bandwidth: 28.8GB/sec.

Interface Type: PCI Express 2.0

Interface Speed: x16

Connector(s): DVI
HDMI
VGA

Multiple Monitors Support: Yes

Max. Monitors Supported: 2

Overclocked: Yes

APIs: NVIDIA CUDA
DirectX 11

1080p Support: Yes

Video Output: DVI
HDMI
VGA

Low Profile: No

Cooling Type: Fan
Minimum PSU Wattage Requirement: 300 Watt
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: video card help

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Well why do you want a new graphics card?

Looks like your comp will be to slow to play many current generation games. Gaming performance is largly effected by the graphics card, but also by the processor, if your processor cant keep up to the needs of your graphics card, your fame rates will dive.

Also, your motherboard only has a PCI-E 1.1 slot, not 2.0, not really a huge deal since the card's that your looking at would never max out pci 1.1. The difference between 1.1 and 2.0 is the bandwidth the card can use, for low end card's they will never use all the bandwidth.
SUPERCELL
Squire
Squire

Post by SUPERCELL »

HaGGardSmurf wrote:Well why do you want a new graphics card?

Looks like your comp will be to slow to play many current generation games. Gaming performance is largly effected by the graphics card, but also by the processor, if your processor cant keep up to the needs of your graphics card, your fame rates will dive.

Also, your motherboard only has a PCI-E 1.1 slot, not 2.0, not really a huge deal since the card's that your looking at would never max out pci 1.1. The difference between 1.1 and 2.0 is the bandwidth the card can use, for low end card's they will never use all the bandwidth.
just like to say thanks for the help the reason for the card is not for games its for video and the price is right and the card has what i am looking for full 1080p and hdmi i know the card might be a little over kill but for $69.00 it seamed the way to go .
if you have any suggestions on video cards that will be better please let me no
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

70 bucks is a good price, I did a quick search to see what the price was, and it looked like the card was like $150, I was thinking it'd be a waste of money to do that.

Anyhow, the 430 is a good card, and for 69.00, it say go for it.

Just make sure you can fit it in your case (probably not an issue) and make sure your power supply will work for the card. IE: make sure the card isn't a 6 pin plug, and you only have a 4.

Return to “Hardware”