Anything hardware related goes here
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

24" monitor or 32" lg tv

Post by parminder »

hey guys wondering which one i should get
this one

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... ange/Black" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or this

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... G6000%2032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"%20True%20HD%20Freeview%20LCD%20TV
flashed 16 benQ, 8 Sams25, 3 sam28, 2 hit 0059dj, 2 0047dh 3 0047dj, still stuck on 0078fk, failed 0047dj hardware

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: 24" monitor or 32" lg tv

Post by CoFree »

man
idont know.the acer has better Resolution,but the lg is bigger.
i sit in front of a 46" sony lcd (about 2 feet away).so bigger the better for me.
man there is a big money difference also.

i just dont know man. :? :?
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I have a 32" lcd, and I'll tell you, when I first got it, it was great. I hadn't ever owned anything over 27" so the extra screen real estate was awesome. After some of my friends got larger screen lcd's, (some of my friends are smart and got larger ones with good picture quality :D) 32 just seems kinda small. I think thats the competitiveness coming out in me though, always wanting something better than everyone else :D I'm not to the point of wanting to replace mine though (yet).

I think either way you go on this, you'll do pretty well. But thats just my opinion.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by MsK »

If I was in the market for a new HD set I wouldn't be buying either but they are both pretty good for the price man ;)

LG's are those all round packages that are not outstanding but really do excell within there price range...

The LG has the built tuner where as the acer monitor is just a monitor... with less expantion ports & the smaller screen size - for this reason take into consideration if you want to recieve TV via standard digital arial ("freeview"), if the slightly bigger screen & extended inputs are required to justify spending a few extra quid ;)

I guess the LG's biggest downfall is it has a VGA & not a DVI connection for pc :( - but there are ways roun this since it has 4 hdmi inputs (DVI to HDMI cable ;))...

OCUK are decent suppliers but they are not the most competative.. when you have made up your mind just tdo the ol' double price check.. you might find you can save a few extra quid on the unit or delivery :D
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by parminder »

yeh i am thinking the same but this will be for my computer xbox, ps3 so i m thinkin of goin 4 the 32", i can get a 40" asswell but the problem is ill b watching the tv from a foot away, maybe less which is why i aint going for that big of a screen. i already experimented on ma parents tv which is 37" and if i watch it too close then it looks okward. nevertheless i think ill go with the 32". yeh i can get a hdmi to dvi port and it should be sorted and i guess 32" it is.
thanks guys
flashed 16 benQ, 8 Sams25, 3 sam28, 2 hit 0059dj, 2 0047dh 3 0047dj, still stuck on 0078fk, failed 0047dj hardware

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

once you get it set up and going
im sure you are going to dig it. :D :D :D
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
Sesshomaru
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by Sesshomaru »

I'd go with a Samsung, you get what you pay for and Samsung's quality in LCD is really outstanding. I went lower tier with my LCD (Sanyo) and my monitor which uses analog video looks 10x better! At the time it was a budget issue; nowadays I would go Samsung without a second thought.
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by parminder »

yeh ordering the tv in couple of days, mite find a different site as msk said i can save on postage.

joebf99
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by joebf99 »

I just bought a 42" LG LCD and couldn't be happier. Sometimes when there are alot of dark colors it doesn't look great, but for the price it is great.
MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by MsK »

Sesshomaru wrote:I'd go with a Samsung, you get what you pay for and Samsung's quality in LCD is really outstanding. I went lower tier with my LCD (Sanyo) and my monitor which uses analog video looks 10x better! At the time it was a budget issue; nowadays I would go Samsung without a second thought.
neither of the 2 units listed are samsungs :!: .. am I missing something? :confused:
Sesshomaru
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by Sesshomaru »

Nah, I was just stating my personal preference is toward Samsungs and attempting to sway him that way, you didn't miss anything.

Return to “Hardware”