LG GSA-H40N Optical Drive

Anything hardware related goes here
Backslash
Possible Ally of Robinhood

LG GSA-H40N Optical Drive

Post by Backslash »

Hey guys I was recently going over my drivers, and my optical drive ^ does in fact come bundled with my computer which i bought in late 2007. I was wondering if anyone else here has or had this drive and if there was a way to find the latest firmware for it, because I want my computer to actually know the name of the drive. :mrgreen: I know that that GSA-H42N and GSA-H44N drive firmware also works with this drive. Correct me if i am wrong.

Ok thanks any replies are great.

Backslash
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: LG GSA-H40N Optical Drive

Post by parminder »

if you have a xp or vista install then just go to computer device manager. find your drive and go to update drivers and it will install the drivers automatically if you have internet.
flashed 16 benQ, 8 Sams25, 3 sam28, 2 hit 0059dj, 2 0047dh 3 0047dj, still stuck on 0078fk, failed 0047dj hardware

Backslash

Post by Backslash »

Yeah tried that already, it says its up to date. God I hate this drive. Whatever thanks for the help, I will probably go out and buy a Pioneer soon. :|
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Some manufacturers do this on purpose to try and keep people from cross flashing them to a different type of drive or getting better performance or whatever reason. The best place to look for updated stock drivers is from the manufacturer of your computer. Then I would say to look at sites that handle modded firmwares.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
Backslash

Post by Backslash »

Ok I will try there, I just want my computer to see the name of the drive instead of just seeing
[E]: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H40N

Return to “Hardware”