Question about splitting audio

Anything hardware related goes here
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Question about splitting audio

Post by sadalius »

I was given a set of Logitech x-530 speakers for christmas. They work great btw, but my question is, is there a way that I can have the speakers connected to my computer and to my 360 at the same time? I know I can't have sound coming from both sources at once, but there should be a way to make or purchase a device to switch between the two sources shouldn't there? I originally thought I could just use 3 Y adapters, but I already had one and as a test, I tried to connect the sub channel to the PC and the 360 at the same time, and the sound cut out from the PC. Removing the Y adapter restored the sound. So I figure 3 Y adapters and some switches might would do the trick? Dunno if anyones done anything like this before, or might even know where to buy such a device already made?

Thanks guys!
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Question about splitting audio

Post by CoFree »

man if the "Y" cable dont work i dont know.
your messing around with your impedance trying to do that.
i do know the sub is different on most systems.
try hooking up one of the other spearkers and see what happens

make sure you only have 1 thing on.i mean cut it off not just in standby mode
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Question about splitting audio

Post by sadalius »

Yeah, I know that it can't run both devices at the same time. Thats why I was trying to figure out something with the Y cables and switches. Seems like there should be a switch box on the market already. I could just get three extenders to where I could just unplug from the PC and then just plug in the adapter for the 360, but a switch box would be so much easier than crawling under the darn computer desk everytime I wan'ted to switch it around :D
Sadalius

No questions by PM please

Return to “Hardware”