Tv Tuner Card

Anything hardware related goes here
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Tv Tuner Card

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

I am thinking about buying a TV tuner card... I have a PVR upstairs, but I prefer to watch tv downstairs. I do have a digital cable box down there, and often watch TV on it. I would LOVE a PVR, but dont really want to spend 500+ for one... Then a friend of mine explained he had a tv tuner card in his pc, and watches and records TV on his xbox.

I will be upgrading to vista, so do you guys know if you can do this with vista + xbox, or does it only work with xbox + media centre?

Also, I am looking on ebay for the cards lots of them seem to have weird pin configurations... like this: http://i.ebayimg.com/01/!BVQzHRgCGk~$%2 ... Mw~~_1.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I dont have any ports on my Mobo that look like that... All the ports I have on my mobo are like 11 pin then a piece of plastic then 7 pin. Or the same pin config as a the via card. (I have no idea what the little 11 pin, then 7 pin ports are for)
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Tv Tuner Card

Post by technoe »

As long as you have either Home Premium or Ultimate you'll be fine because all of the MediaCenter components are still there. And I would definitely spring for the higher end (more expensive) models as most of them will provide better quality and better options overall.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Tv Tuner Card

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Ive done a bit of research and it seems the only card you can really buy is the Microsoft one, and that's close to $200. Its not worth it in my opinion, i will just download the shows I want to watch the day after onto my computer.

Return to “Hardware”