toshiba laptop error

Anything hardware related goes here
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

toshiba laptop error

Post by commando_lee »

This is a longish one, the computer for what ever reason wouldnt get past the boot screen, tryed to do the recover from the partition that just shows up a blue screen like an error one.

So what im trying to do is just install a copy of xp on there, but when i get to the first stage where it copys the files in the blue screen then tell it that i wana install it throws up an error sayin no hard drive connected.

so i put it in my usb caddy and tried to install that way i get past the first process then it reboots to take me into the installation screen. just befor i get there the windows logo shows then the comp goes to the blue screen error and stops.

Any ideas on this one?
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: toshiba laptop error

Post by CoFree »

try a different
HD in that pc
and reload
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by commando_lee »

i dont have another laptop hdd. does it sound like the hdd has had its day??
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

it does to me
you can go into the bios and make a change to where it will stay on the blue screen
and not just restart(if its doing that)

i think its like reboot on error something and turn that off

then you will be able to get the error code and google it
that will tell you what is wrong
sounds like a HD problem man
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by commando_lee »

hey mate, i couldnt see that screen what you said, what i did find was an option saying sata compatabilty it was on shpp, so i thought id change it to compatable, and give it a whirl. at this moment its 19 mins from finishin installation
lilrevuk
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by lilrevuk »

hope that works for you...

installing xp on a laptop can be a pain in the arse. I use n-lite to integrate my sata drivers into the installation, but it sounds like you might have got lucky with yours.
And if at first you don't succeed..? Order the damn card! :Phttp://tekgems.com/Products/la-pci22-vt6421a.htm
Mirc is a place to chat, post up on the site for help!!!
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by commando_lee »

im just wondering when it broke, it looked like the bios had been messed with. either that and the hdd was ok, or its just pure luck that its booted this time. Im still thinkin about putting a new hdd in there only £49 for a 250gb

Return to “Hardware”