HP DVD Writer 1170d DH22 180 PROBLEMS

Anything hardware related goes here
devo
Peasant
Peasant

HP DVD Writer 1170d DH22 180 PROBLEMS

Post by devo »

I purchased a HP DVD Writer 1170d DH22 180 lightscribe in Sept.
It installed just fine and burns cd, dvd and dvd DL disks just fine. The problem I have is getting it to see a DL lightscribe disk so I can write to them.
The disks I bought are DVD+R DL VERBATIM 8X LIGHTSCRIBE. The lightscribe part worked just fine but it says on a BLANK DISK and I mean all the ones I bought that the disks are full so I cant write to it. I thought maybe because I lightscribed one first to try it out maybe I screwed up the write side of the disk so I put in a new one with nothing on it and same thing.
Tried HP support and I might have just asked the 80 year old gent down the street for help.
All updates I can find are installed and still no joy.
These are the newest DL lightscribe disks out there I believe so maybe something in the format of these disks are screwing up.
I even talked to the help desk at Verbatim and they have no idea whats going on.
I think its just Hp crap myself
Operating system is:
Microsoft windows XP home edition
Service pack three
Anybody got any help on this???
Thanks
sccrbrandon4788
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: HP DVD Writer 1170d DH22 180 PROBLEMS

Post by sccrbrandon4788 »

Just something stupid I have to ask, you are putting the disks in upside-down right?
devo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by devo »

Well i guess someone had to ask. Trust me lightscribe side works just fine. Data side cant be seen with any program I try to write data to.
sccrbrandon4788

Post by sccrbrandon4788 »

Oh, I didn't read it right i guess. Seems like HP doesn't have the support yet for them, even though it shouldnt matter because its a DVD DL, and a Lightscribe, both of which it can handle separately. I would see if you can return that one and get a different brand or just wait for an update to come out.

Return to “Hardware”