using linux

Questions about software go here
lcddarkangel1
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

using linux

Post by lcddarkangel1 »

ok so im using linux cause windows keeps giving me nothing but trouble and i need some guidance on how to install some things.
do i need to add avg antivirus?.
how do i get jungle flasher to run.
and the programs to make backups.

HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: using linux

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

I doubt JF is linux compatible. You may be able to find a way to flash your drive but i'm not sure.

AVG I think has a linux compatible version.

As for backing up, I found this:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=651146" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: using linux

Post by trailz »

JungleFlasher won't be able to give you any useful information even if it will run.

You will have to use the slax method to get the sata port your drive is on and use the DOS+USB method to flash.

Don't worry about viruses on Linux, there really aren't any. The antivirus programs for Linux scan mostly for Windows viruses so you don't pass them on to Windows users. Not my problem in my opinion, but it might be worth looking at if you are going to play around with wine, some of the viruses will run in that.

I haven't tried to do backups in Linux, I ruled that out pretty early because the backup programs need low-level access to the drive, no matter what drive you use, that wine doesn't expose. What does work is running windows in VirtualBox and connecting the drive to the computer via a SATA/IDE to USB adapter.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.

Return to “Software”