Best Theme Software Ever!

Questions about software go here
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Best Theme Software Ever!

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

I was bored the other night, had lots of down time so I was browsing reddit gaming and noticed someone with a sarif industries desktop. (From Deus Ex)

It looked awesome, so I downloaded the theme and this is what I came up with:

The software itself is called Rainmeter and the theme I'm using is called enigma. The software is not like rocketdock or windows blinds or those other bulky applications. This is quite lite and doesnt hurt my ram/cpu performance at all. I have some other application running that auto hides my task bar.

Basically rainmeter + enigma skin is just the transparent sidebar's and taskbars, then you can add in 'widgets' leave them on screen or put them on the bars. I have 3 RSS readers setup to read news from engadget my local news website and my facebook notifications. I also have my Gmail linked, local weather and my media player setup. Then just random system info things.

Must say I'm QUITE happy with how it turned out (PS I do have 2 monitors which is why the image is so large, and they are different resolutions which is why there is all that blackness under the first monitor, which I do not see.)
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Best Theme Software Ever!

Post by technoe »

Is that on Windows 7? It looks amazing.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Yea its windows 7 when I first saw it, I thought it was windows 8 and was thinking of downloading and using it as my new OS.

Theres loads of themes for it though, one of which is the windows phone tile theme which i guess is similar to windows 8 :P
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

Hook a brother up man!!
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

This is the main theme application, install it then install a theme. I use enigma
http://rainmeter.net/cms/

http://rainmeter.net/cms/SuitesEnigma

You can also click "discover" in the top right corner and it'll show you the 3 most popular themes, but theres lots more on deviant art. I've been browsing reddit theres some awesome ideas there for a theme.

I also use this to hide my taskbar completely http://www.aviassin.com/taskbareliminator but you can keep your taskbar visible if you want. I've seen a few themes with the taskbar fully visible and it fits in pretty nicely.

Alt + T will hide it, I find it hides better with this app than by just selecting auto hide with windows. (It actually goes off screen with this app, where as with windows it is still showing somewhat so you can mouse over and un hide it.)

Return to “Software”