ubuntu

Questions about software go here
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

ubuntu

Post by BobSeager »

of all the distros ive tried, and there are like 50, ubuntu is pretty much the most evolved desktop. its almost too much like windows, but i think thats necessary for now, until people can get used to the idea of a non windows machine. some amazing feaures in the new release include an instant mirror of monitors when you have two physically connected. at least my experience with windows is its usually easy to get going, but damn, instant dual monitor support upon initial boot is pretty snappy. I mean, shit, thats what i would expect a computer to do when i have 2 monitors hooked up. and thats exactly what a computer should do.

also nice is multiple desktops. i can clutter the crap out of one, and instead of choosing a window from the taskbar, i can just throw rhpg (shameless promotion :lol: ) onto the second monitor by dragging it. theres a lot MS could learn by playing with this GUI.

in the end tho, software support is still critical, especially for us. screw virtual environments, just let me run it :)
jameshope
Peasant
Peasant

Re: ubuntu

Post by jameshope »

Hello Everyone,

I have installed the Ubuntu and working on it. I have installed as a software on Windows Xp. So partitions have been created themselves.I want to know If I am able to run Ubuntu virtually using VMWare. I have already install VMWare and want to run Ubuntu virtually.
Does anyone know about this?
edit by
Cofree
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

BobSeager wrote:in the end tho, software support is still critical, especially for us. screw virtual environments, just let me run it :)
Thats why you see so many people sticking with XP, and hesitant to move to a mac or anything else... Id like to see ubuntu and linux become more popular.
cyantific
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by cyantific »

Ubuntu a while back was a pain in the *** for my Vostro 1400. After install, getting the wireless to work required doing some research. Now, everything is smooth and runs from the get go. The netbook version of it is pretty nifty too.
RHPG, home away from home :)
cainhunpi
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by cainhunpi »

it isnt bad. but it doesn have many wireless card drivers. i prefer windows 7 and osx over ubuntu

Return to “Software”