Windows 7 cracked

Questions about software go here
cainhunpi
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Windows 7 cracked

Post by cainhunpi »

Windows 7 Ultimate RTM Cracked, Fully Validated (Already?)
by David Murphy

That didn't take long. It has only been a week since the official Windows 7 RTM announcement by Microsoft, but crackers have already managed to activate and validate the tricked-out Ultimate version of the OS. The hack is nothing new, as it borrows the same techniques used to bypass activation and verification of previous Vista editions.

According to Softpedia, crackers somehow obtained a copy of an OEM Windows 7 Ultimate disc from Lenovo. From there, they were able to extract two critical bits of information: Windows 7's OEM-SLP (system-locked pre-installation) product key and the OEM certificate for Windows 7 Ultimate.

But before these can be of any value, one first has to modify a system's BIOS to fool the operating system into believing that the PC is an authentic OEM machine. This is done by tweaking the values found in the Software Licensing Description Table (SLIC) that is stored in the system's memory during boot-up.

Once a person has disguised a system as a legitimate OEM machine, the OEM-SLP and OEM certificate allow for permanent, validated activation of the operating system. To Microsoft, the PC is no different from a functional OEM machine--and the "OEM machine," in turn, has no need to call back to Microsoft's activation servers for any kind of additional verification. That would defeat the convenient basis behind the creation of SLIC-based OEM activations in the first place.

Just because the OEM disc and keys came from Lenovo doesn't mean that the crack is exclusive to that brand. According to Softpedia, the crack has proven successful on Dell, HP, and MSI machines as well.

Microsoft. You just got PWNED (again)
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Re: Windows 7 cracked

Post by commando_lee »

like the saying goes man makes it man can break it
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
cainhunpi
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by cainhunpi »

commando_lee wrote:like the saying goes man makes it man can break it
well said
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

cainhunpi wrote:Microsoft. You just got PWNED (again)
Everyone knew it was comming, there will never be a popular app/os/digital item that you need to pay for to go uncracked... For every 1 room of tech's designing security software, there is thousands of people over the internet cracking it...
stevio1973
Squire
Squire

Post by stevio1973 »

Aye to that!
martinkenz03
Peasant
Peasant

Post by martinkenz03 »

I have also cracked it lol.................
do not spam in your sig
you will be banned
read the rules
http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... p?f=13&t=7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cofree
lcddarkangel1
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by lcddarkangel1 »

im usually not one to ask where i can get the cracked version
but who has it and where can i get it?

cainhunpi
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by cainhunpi »

lcddarkangel1 wrote:im usually not one to ask where i can get the cracked version
but who has it and where can i get it?
if u dont find it on pirate bay. send me a pm. with the version u want the crack for. 64 bit or 32 bit ill send as a atachment or upload one to a download website
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Post by commando_lee »

Im locking this tread.

Here at RHPG we dont rock with illegal software sharing or offering download links to illegal software
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

For anyone wondering why these kinds of threads are posted, yet locked when discussion takes place, its because we are posting information only.

As commando said, we do not support piracy, we do not talk about it, etc, this is posted as info only.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

the guys are right
we post it and talk about it
BUT
we dont offer any kind of support for it.
sorry is just one of the line in the sand we dont cross.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.

Return to “Software”