how can i remove a virus without the internet?

Questions about software go here
kantamanto
Bandit
Bandit

how can i remove a virus without the internet?

Post by kantamanto »

ok, i have this huge problem!

i have some spyware on my computer and the damn thing like really messed me up! i really really dont want to re instal windows!

i a runnng wiondows XP SP3

and like this virus/spyware took away my internet drives i guess you can say and i have a laptop thats fine ad when i try to download somthing lik say, SuperAnti SPyware or spyware doctor and Anti-Malware i get the error that tells me to connect to the interet to install the Anti virus and or it asked me to update and i need internet but i cant DO ANYTHING!!!

i have avg but it sucks balls when i scan it finds somthings but cant delete it all or nothing for that matter.

so what can i do? how can i do this?

this virus totaly messed me up like the computer is windows XP but the taskbar and folders now look like somthing from windows 2000!

and i have tried makinga new user! but it just travels there to!!

and i dont have internet on that computer to fix it with an anti virus so wat can i do?

it also messed up my control panel i cant click on user accounts anymore

i have tried system restore i safe mode but it go to that and that did not work for me

keep in mind this is the desktop with he problem and i have a laptop thats just fine so i ca download things and put them on a flash drve or CD
Image Image
you Bad boy ;) hehe
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: how can i remove a virus without the internet?

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Try any and all anti viruses, I was going to recommend AVG, but you already have it installed. To be quite honest with you, the best thing to do is reformat. Ive had a couple crippling infections on a pc of mine, and after its removed, your comp never really feels the same...

Just google virus and malware scanner, and get the 'trial' ;) version and put it on a flash drive and transfer it over. I guess portable versions would work too...

(If I remember correctly, I ended up using some xilisoft product to get rid of my viruses when avg failed.)
kantamanto
Bandit
Bandit

Post by kantamanto »

yea thats what i was thinking of this morning, just reformat or "clean Install" my C drive because there worms and trogans are just to deep into my system..

i know how to do a clean install but i think i will need my windows CD and that i do not have would you know if i could just like download the files from the internet and burn to a CD and use that?

when i bought the computer it did not have that CD so i dont know how to get it. or do i have to buy one? how much are they going for?

thx agin for the help :)
Image Image
you Bad boy ;) hehe
sas67
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by sas67 »

my advice is get hold of Kaspersky anti virus,its the best but is a resource hog.i had an msn virus that my avast pro wouldnt even see,so avg has no chance.Kaspersky saw and killed it as soon as it was installed.unfortunately i couldnt keep running it as it slowed my pc down to a crawl.need a big system to run it all the time but i would recommend it for just finding viruses and then uninstalling
flash all phat's and slim drives upto 1175fw.awaiting delivery of cr3lite

HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Ive liked Kaspersky, but I do remember uninstalling it because it was a resource pig.
kantamanto
Bandit
Bandit

Post by kantamanto »

thx guys what i did was did a clean install, and reinstalled windows XP on my desktop and then did a clean install on ym laptop and installed vista! now i use TRENDMICRO center PRO (edit by Cofree) ) thx guys!
Image Image
you Bad boy ;) hehe

Return to “Software”