4 Consoles - 2 banned 2 safe here is what I noticed

Any thing that should be in the toilet can and should be posted here!
frodeaux
Squire
Squire

4 Consoles - 2 banned 2 safe here is what I noticed

Post by frodeaux »

I essentially have 4 consoles that i " Manage " 1 is mine, the other 3 are for a friend and 2 siblings. I burn all their games.

Out of all the consoles here is how long they have been online:

Console 1: 1+ years
Console 2: 1 month
Console 3 & 4 : 3 weeks

Console 1 and console 3 were both banned on Monday 11/09/09

Console 1 & 3 were the only consoles to play the games released within the last month, mainly borderlands. After borderlands was played for the first time, we both got an update message, our updated took FOREVER to complete almost 3-5 minutes. This happened about a week or two before it was banned.

Consoles 2 & 4: Have only been played older games Mainly rockband, and fallout 3. Neither of these consoles got the updates that the other two who were playing the newer games got. Console 4 was given back to me today and the only game played on that console was fall out 3, I took console 4 and placed the original firmware back on the drive to make it " Stock ". Once it was stock we put in the COD MW2 disk in and immediatly got the update, however it only lasted a second, I also put in borderlands and did not get an update request. Console 4 is operating fine at this moment, no ban as of yet.

*** Just a theory but maybe it has something to do with these newer games, not saying wave 4 games, but just the recent games as of late...

P.S. Console 2 is still running 5.1 firmware, and is still running just fine, no ban as of yet and we have not played any newer games in the console. We have not yet got the infamous 3-5 minute LONG update yet
iamwatt
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: 4 Consoles - 2 banned 2 safe here is what I noticed

Post by iamwatt »

as of right now it's safe to say that if you modded your console you're a target to get banned. . .
frodeaux
Squire
Squire

Post by frodeaux »

I realize that, just wanted to put my experience out there. This is the outhouse and this is a place for views to be expressed, no matter if you care about them or not
iamwatt
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by iamwatt »

just giving you the bottom line man, wether i'm concerned or not isn't relevant.
mallardman
Bandit
Bandit

Post by mallardman »

Man,I've been a member of this GREAT site for almost a year and I have to say I am a little disappionted right now.Just mention something about getting banned and someone threatens to lock the post.I realize the Top Brass is working at 110% right now,but if someone is just posting the facts of their banning I dont see how that is distracting anyone,Two minds are better than One.Frodeaux wasn't complaning about being banned,just posting his case.I have the exact same one,I have 4 modded consoles,2 were banned and they happen to be the ones that play the newest games-Halo-ODST.The two that are still up an running play mostly 6 month old games.They will not play any newer games untill this gets sqashed!and I will put my two cents on our side being Victorious.
gatorlee
Bandit
Bandit

Post by gatorlee »

I agree this is a site that has been very helpful and extremely well put together site where you can actually come and share your ideas without 3 million other a$$holes hijacking your thread. Although the one thing that I have noticed is that everyone refuses to acknowledge the 800 lb gorilla in the room . 99 % of the people using the information on this site is for one thing and one thing only. The second the P word is mentioned people freak out. We do live in America where thankfully information is not illegal to share, YET.
docwarbucks
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by docwarbucks »

I agree with you guys a P***** site were we are'nt aloud to discuss what we are all doing. Anytime anything is mentioned the thread is locked or someone is booted. Great site and the best if your trying to mod and need help. I personally know some of the moderators and are close friends with them but talk about paranoid. Cofree owns the site and owns the right to tell us what he feels is appropriate and what he feels is'nt. That's just the way it is. The thing is the site is kept clean , easy to find things, and have some of the best experts to help you anytime a question you ask.
EnVyMoNtOyA
Bandit
Bandit

Post by EnVyMoNtOyA »

i have to agree with you guys as well.. im sure you seen my post about a unban DVD... well im sure most of us can tell its fake or a simple post from one of the higher up members confirming its fake would have been ok but instead it gets locked out.. i am new to this but i thought we could talk about anything in the outhouse but it turns out we cant talk about something thats a "lie" .. it also turns out that the unban dvd was actually a funny hoax that is worth seeing for your self.. looked it up on youtube
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Image::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
docwarbucks
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by docwarbucks »

i knew it was a fake and I actually downloaded the Unbanning Dvd. I'am getting a kick out of it. You put it in your Xbox and then after it fakely unbanns your 360 you get Rick Rolled. Got a laugh out of it. I liked the walmart return thread that got locked like the feds are gonna kick the door down of robin hoods playground cause some guy returned his banned box to walmart. The more moderators policing everything thats "said" will destroy a site. I'am all about freedoms exspecally expression and this is getting out of hand.
EnVyMoNtOyA
Bandit
Bandit

Post by EnVyMoNtOyA »

im with you man! and that being said wont be long b4 this thread gets locked or we get banned from the site for talking like this and get accused of tyranny LoL
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Image::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
docwarbucks
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by docwarbucks »

you can go to my forum and talk about what ever illegal activity you want
Backslash
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by Backslash »

docwar, please no advertising

and by they way, yes you can talk about the things in the outhouse, but make sure they follow the site rules.
docwarbucks
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by docwarbucks »

sorry for advertising my forum sucks anyway I just copy and paste news. BUt some of you guys are getting a little out of hand with the forum locking Ive been to three threads in a row that have been locked. We cant talk about console bans and thats the number one news story in the modding community.
Last edited by docwarbucks on Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Backslash

Post by Backslash »

If the threads are closed, they are closed for a reason.
docwarbucks
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by docwarbucks »

It's because the thread police are out on the hunt. go ahead and lock this one to0 much has been said that the junior moderators don't agree with.thats why the guy posted a thread about 50 cent music he likes because theres nothing left to we can talk about

Return to “The Outhouse”