Unbanning fix now out but only 8955 Systems

Any thing that should be in the toilet can and should be posted here!
EnVyMoNtOyA
Bandit
Bandit

Unbanning fix now out but only 8955 Systems

Post by EnVyMoNtOyA »

Just woke up to only find this article in my Google reader inbox by QJ.net ,

"Modded Xbox 360 banned? Unbanning fix now out
Posted Nov 13, 2009 at 10:21PM by Mabie A.
Listed in: News
Tags: Microsoft
21 QJ
The modders are not going down without a fight! Almost a week since Microsoft's Xbox 360 bans sent the scene in a flurry, the modders buried themselves hard at work at combating said anti-piracy measure. And now, the fix has arrived. You might wanna hold off on that Craigslist appointment first.

Over at the Xbox-Scene forums, a thread headlined as "Unban Your 8955 Console., confirmed working" sent other modded Xbox 360 owners jumping up and down with joy and relief. It's a highly complex process, however, and so I can only imagine how much patience is required as well to follow the instructions to the letter. The tools required are free, though, so that's one less thing to worry about.

You can check out the process yourself via the source link below, but somehow we find it hard to imagine that Microsoft will be patting the backs of the modders with this accomplishment.
"

So i went over to Xbox-Scene to check it out and its actually there and true and worked for some people... i really don't understand what you need to make this work but i would love to hear what you guys have to say about this and if possible can someone make an instructional video on this cause i have no idea how to find out if this is possible on my 360.. anyway this is what was on Xbox-Scene...

"what you need:

your 8955 live console + cpu key
a 2nd unbanned console
nandpro b + flash cable
xell loader
degraded
1888 fs
robinsod's flashtool

process:

use nandpro and dump nand from unbanned console.
flash xell and use jtag hack to obtain cpu key.
use flashtool to extract file system.

dump nand from 8955 console.
use flashtool to patch nand dump with kv.bin from unbanned console.
save patched file (patched_kv.bin).

open degraded + 1888 fs.
create 1888 downgrader image (downgrader.bin) from your patched_kv.bin file.

flash downgrader.bin to 8955 console.
attach hdd + ethernet cable and boot console.

connect to live and update to 8955 dashboard.

console is now fully working and unbanned
!"
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Image::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
docwarbucks
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Re: Unbanning fix now out but only 8955 Systems

Post by docwarbucks »

seems easier to buy another one
EnVyMoNtOyA
Bandit
Bandit

Post by EnVyMoNtOyA »

i agree which is what i already did but at the same time i still have my banned console sitting there and if i can unban it so that i can still have normal saves and get my gamerscore up that would be nice.. if there was just a fix for this HDD crippling thing then i would be happy =]
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Image::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
footylad
Peasant
Peasant

Post by footylad »

Whats an 8955 System mean mate? 8995 Rev FW/Dashboard of Motherboard?

Cheers
TheJerit
Squire
Squire

Post by TheJerit »

I thought grabbing the nand was sealed up with an update.
RHPG rules
EnVyMoNtOyA
Bandit
Bandit

Post by EnVyMoNtOyA »

footylad wrote:Whats an 8955 System mean mate? 8995 Rev FW/Dashboard of Motherboard?

Cheers

I have no idea LoL.. That's why I put this post up.. I'm hoping someone could shed some light on this and maybe make a video on how to do it
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by trailz »

Damn, it says further down in that page that you have to have already dumped the CPU key BEFORE the August update.

Here's a link to the forum thread we're talking about.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=695673
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.
after_burners
Bandit
Bandit

Post by after_burners »

well it looks like things r moving in the right direction. lets hope its gets easier just like flashing ur 360 has.
BORN BRITISH, WELSH BY THE GRACE OF GOD
docwarbucks
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by docwarbucks »

The problem is if you recently been banned you will not have a 8955 System because you had to update making the jtag hack/ exploit useless. so this will benifit anyone who hasnt been online in a few months and got banned last year during the last ban wave which is probally none of us and happens to have another dead board laying around that they can use. This is nothing new and will currently help very little at this point.Trade your banned one into gamestop they don't check to see if they are banned.
Shootsteel
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Shootsteel »

I have to interject here that what is proposed is quite silly on face value as what they are telling you to do is to take an UNBANNED systems dump and place that data into another unit.....what happens at MS central when TWO or more units log onto XBOX live with the same ID?

JUST my thoughts on this....UNBANNING is a myth and a bunch of wasted effort as the consoles themselves have dropped in price greatly. Not to mention after the ban your box still works to play games everywhere but on XBOX-LiVE. Give this site a whirl with your banned unit...ww.xbconnect.com
djshauny1
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by djshauny1 »

I agree with shootsteel
No point in this unbanning stuff
Mite as well pick up a new console.
U can get them for like 140quid brand new
EnVyMoNtOyA
Bandit
Bandit

Post by EnVyMoNtOyA »

Shootsteel wrote:I have to interject here that what is proposed is quite silly on face value as what they are telling you to do is to take an UNBANNED systems dump and place that data into another unit.....what happens at MS central when TWO or more units log onto XBOX live with the same ID?

JUST my thoughts on this....UNBANNING is a myth and a bunch of wasted effort as the consoles themselves have dropped in price greatly. Not to mention after the ban your box still works to play games everywhere but on XBOX-LiVE. Give this site a whirl with your banned unit...ww.xbconnect.com

I agree.. Very good point that makes a lot of sense!
chris.redfield
Bandit
Bandit

Post by chris.redfield »

I just visited the XBConnect website. Is there anyone here that has ever tried this software with any success? It seems interesting and It would be great if we here at the village would maybe give it a shot one day. All the merry men you know.
Well just a thought. There is no other forest i know filled with so many eager men wanting to partake in the fruits of battle.
redfield out...
chris.redfield
Bandit
Bandit

Post by chris.redfield »

i just went through the setup process. It doesnt look that bad but the titles listed were not of my type. To bad with the 30ms ping limiter. Well once again smart MS for installing that.
redfield out...

Return to “The Outhouse”