Why can't we as a team BAN ms?

Any thing that should be in the toilet can and should be posted here!
dustman1995
Bandit
Bandit

Why can't we as a team BAN ms?

Post by dustman1995 »

Guys,
Not to sound like a promoting spammer, but why all the tears for being banned from live? If we really want to get back at ms for charging a gazillion bucks for their systems that break more than 50% of the time, a gazillion more for games, then turn around and shit on it's best customers by throwing the ban hammer everywhere and not caring where it lands, then we should stand up and rise against those pricks. (Patriotic Anthem music playing in the background) Yes! that's right merry men! Let's stand up against this tyrant, and steal from the rich and give to the poor. The very principles this site was founded on! (more anthem music, but getting louder) Here's the deal. Why don't we just go to other sites like xbconnect.com, and there's a couple more. They welcome our banned consoles. 1 million people banned guys! With the help of this site and others, we could all come together and and turn our noses at live. So not only will ms be loosing money one way, but there goes all their subscriptions out the door too! Time to clean up the spilled milk and quit crying. :idea:
Life is full of influences, It's your application that sets you apart.
cyantific
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Why can't we as a team BAN ms?

Post by cyantific »

First of all, people were banned from live for violating their terms of use. How are they shitting on their 'best' customers if they only banned hackers, cheaters, and pirates? Just because people can't get away with whatever it was that they were doing doesn't mean we should flame Microsoft. Own up to the wrong doings and get on with it.

It would be nice to use xlink kai or another program for the banned consoles much like Hamachi is for the Windows OS. Most people will probably just buy a new 360.
RHPG, home away from home :)
dustman1995
Bandit
Bandit

Post by dustman1995 »

You are right. I'm just talking smack and venting. That's why I'm in the outhouse. And yeah. 'Best customers' probably isn't the right term. Thanks for listening though. ;)
paddypitbug
Bandit
Bandit

Post by paddypitbug »

I heard that you are allowed to own a back-up of your original (legit) game so if that's the case then un-less your 360 has been modded then it won't play the back-up so in other words (is there a legal loop hole) here ?

ps got banned so I swapped the optical disc drive in the banned 360 for a drive that has the tray jamming problem took it back to the shop seeing as it was still under shop warrenty got it swapped for a new one - there's more then one way to skin a cat Mr. Microsoft - thank's for banning me I have a new 360 now lmfao :mrgreen:
docwarbucks
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by docwarbucks »

We need M$, everyone needs a nemesis or a bad guy and thats what M$ is to us. Freedom fighters for the poor fighting against the evil tyrant. I think Ive been playing to many games.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

In the US, the fair use law says you are entitled to one back up copy of any software/music disk that you own. However, the digital millinium copy right law says you can have that copy, but only if you don't have to circumvent any copy protection that may be in place.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
iamwatt
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by iamwatt »

cyantific wrote:First of all, people were banned from live for violating their terms of use. How are they shitting on their 'best' customers if they only banned hackers, cheaters, and pirates? Just because people can't get away with whatever it was that they were doing doesn't mean we should flame Microsoft. Own up to the wrong doings and get on with it.

It would be nice to use xlink kai or another program for the banned consoles much like Hamachi is for the Windows OS. Most people will probably just buy a new 360.
couldn't of said it better myself. . .
dustman1995
Bandit
Bandit

Post by dustman1995 »

My original thought on the deal before turning it into a monlogue was this. "Why is getting banned from live so bad when there are other places to go?" That was the actual point I was trying to make before making a silly joke of it. That's it
dustman1995
Bandit
Bandit

Post by dustman1995 »

docwarbucks wrote:We need M$, everyone needs a nemesis or a bad guy and thats what M$ is to us. Freedom fighters for the poor fighting against the evil tyrant. I think Ive been playing to many games.
This guy gets what I was and still am saying
paddypitbug
Bandit
Bandit

Post by paddypitbug »

I will look into what the European Law states regarding this matter - because it makes no logical human sense to have the right to own a back-up of the original when un-less the machine is made pre-purchess or there-after with the ability to perform the action of playing your back-up !,.

Microsoft may be hunting for many heads to roll but what is the out-come of their action 1. a third of those banned it will harden their resolve to double their efforts to sell and produce black market copies of the 360 games and no doubt hack the life out of the windows 7 prize baby to the point major companies don't bother to switch over to it because of mass security exploites that kill it before it makes microsoft and real profit (I hope and pray).

2. there will be a proportion that just go over to the ps3 and other's that just don't bother with the ps3 either an nor do they buy a new 360 and so won't be paying for the rip-off xbox live fee because let's face it it is a joke after all the years it's been running and they charge you when ps3 never has so they will loose not only on xbox live membership profits but all so microsoft xbox live points profits also .

I hope to God that the next firmware generation is so perfect Microsoft have their heads stuck up their arse and find it impossile to distinguish the diffrence between what is their firmaware and the Hacked firmware.

the enemy is Microsoft - attack - attack - attack on all fronts no matter how small or how large every punch weakens the beast.
dustman1995
Bandit
Bandit

Post by dustman1995 »

paddypitbug wrote: rip-off xbox live fee because let's face it it is a joke after all the years it's been running and they charge you when ps3 never has so they will loose not only on xbox live membership profits but all so microsoft xbox live points profits also .
I hope to God that the next firmware generation is so perfect Microsoft have their heads stuck up their arse and find it impossile to distinguish the diffrence between what is their firmaware and the Hacked firmware.

the enemy is Microsoft - attack - attack - attack on all fronts no matter how small or how large every punch weakens the beast.
Well said!
djshauny1
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by djshauny1 »

OMG?!?!?!?!????
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by trailz »

Some of the game updates are nice to have. I hear Borderlands is badly broken out of the box. The trailers are nice, too.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.

Return to “The Outhouse”