Are new 360s flashable?

Any thing that should be in the toilet can and should be posted here!
ultimateninja9
Peasant
Peasant

Are new 360s flashable?

Post by ultimateninja9 »

I was wondering that if I bought a new 360 today would it be flashable? I read somewhere that there is a new version of the Lite-On that can't be flashed. Is it true? What should I look for to make sure that it is flashable?

Full Story:
My 360 was banned. I don't care about xbox live because I didn't have gold anyway. If I had known that the game installs would be disabled and saves corrupted I would have never even plugged in the network cable. Now I read that game saves are still good unless you try to load them from a banned box. So if I put my hard drive on a new box any save that I haven't accessed should be ok right?

If that's true then the plan is to get 2 arcade boxes mod one and leave it disconnected from the internet. Swap 120HD that I already own to the unmodded xbox live silver box to update gamerscore every now and then. Will that work? I don't care about online multiplayer just gamerscore and game installs.

Wasn't sure where to ask about this stuff so I just decide to post in the Outhouse forum.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Are new 360s flashable?

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Well the newest lite-on's have a different FW on it, which patched the way we dumped it, so its not that its unflashable, its un-dumpable right now.

You will either get an 8 series lite-on or a 9 series. 9 series are not able to be dumped, and some of the 8 series are, and some are not.

Check the MFR of the box, try not to buy the newest box. Try to buy the oldest you can find. (The oldest you should be able to find is probably a couple of months older than today)
ultimateninja9
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ultimateninja9 »

Thanks for the info I'll check K-Mart. The one near me is so crappy that it always has old stuff.

What about my game saves am I right in thinking that the ones I haven't accessed are ok?
ultimateninja9
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ultimateninja9 »

Ok got an arcade 360. Three profiles on the HDD only 2 can be accessed. I thought playing a game on the banned box would only mess up that game's save but it hides the whole profile. I put the HDD back in the banned box and deleted the saves for the one game I had played since being banned and it still won't show that profile on the new box. I got owned.

On a positive note it says it was made April 09 which means it's probably flashable and I found it at Best Buy so I got some reward zone points for it.
docwarbucks
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by docwarbucks »

its flashable and you have to go to your hard drive delete the corrupted gamer profile and recover your on xbox live

Return to “The Outhouse”