HELP: Flashing a Liteon with CK3 pro and CK3 probe 2

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
mosesjustmoses
Peasant
Peasant

HELP: Flashing a Liteon with CK3 pro and CK3 probe 2

Post by mosesjustmoses »

Hello i have a Liteon DG16D2S-09C stock drive that i am having no luck at flashing. I have flashed many other drives before but never a liteon. I have come to the knowledge that through Microsoft updates on the xbox that the firmware on the drive has been changed and the traditional method of using jungle-flasher LO83info does not work any more. I have read on the Internet that the alternative method is now to click on the Phat Key button and probe MPX01. I have done this with no success. My CK3 pro's usb is not working any more so i am using a standard serial cable which i bought brand new. I have a CK3 Probe 2 and have it switched to probe. I get a solid green light with the probe and follow all directions but i still cant get the key for the drive. I think the problem has to do with my CK3 pro not communicating to the computer through the serial cable but i don't know how to prove it. I am also wondering if my CK3 probe 2 is too old for this process.

By mosesjustmoses
at 2011-10-18Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: HELP: Flashing a Liteon with CK3 pro and CK3 probe 2

Post by CoFree »

it looks like you dont have portio drive installed
have a read over this
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
mosesjustmoses
Peasant
Peasant

Post by mosesjustmoses »

I have read over the post you gave me and have put portio64 driver file into the jungle-flasher. I then restarted my computer, pressed F8, and disabled digital driver enforcement. Even though i have done all this i still get a pop up window (see picture). I think you were on the right track but some how windows is still not letting it install the portio driver. Any ideas would be great! Thanks so much!
By mosesjustmoses at 2011-10-18
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

man
you need to run xp to mod with
vista and win 7 is a nightmare
No Questions by PM.
mosesjustmoses
Peasant
Peasant

Post by mosesjustmoses »

Currently installing win xp hopefully this will help. It also could be that its a copy of windows 8 that im using. Maybe even windows 7 because as soon as i install win xp ill have to install all the via drivers etc. o well... I guess this is what we have to look forward to with windows 8.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

IMO windows 7 handles drivers MUCH better than XP. I always found XP to be such a nightmare.

Anyhow XP was and still is better and easier for flashing drives, but you can do it in 7 without a huge amount of trouble. Basically first thing you want to do is disable/corrupt your via drivers. I dont remember how I did mine but I did do alot of disabling renaming etc etc. Once you get windows to recognize there is a device attached and try then fail to install the driver your in good shape.

Looking at your screen shot your using windows 8 which you shouldnt be. Also it doesnt look like your in test mode. You need to download driver signature enforcement overrider. (link then enable test mode, sign the portio driver restart then you may need to sign portio again and you should be fine.

Thats how I flash on one of my computers I always have to sign the driver reboot etc etc then I can flash. I've flashed with both windows 7 and XP on the EXACT same rig and when it was running XP the flashing process was MUCH easier, and more reliable.
mosesjustmoses
Peasant
Peasant

Post by mosesjustmoses »

So you can sign a driver even if it has not been signed? Ill have to read into it thanks so much.
mosesjustmoses
Peasant
Peasant

Post by mosesjustmoses »

So i installed windows 7 because xp was bing a pain in the butt. I have booted up by using F8 means, i have installed Driver signature enforcer overrider, and get no error with loading up portio64 when starting jungle flasher. i then went in with my spear again but was not able to pull the keys. Is this how everything should look (see picture)? Is there another method for pulling keys from this drive? Is there any easier hard ware that i can use for this project considering that my CK3 pro might not be working properly? Thank you for your help i have been working on this now for 2 weeks and am getting frustrated :x EDIT: I have a CK3 probe 2 does this mean i have to preform the cut and solder method?

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

if its 8000 v2 dvd drive or a 9000 drive then yes you do
have to cut traces or get a probe 3
No Questions by PM.
mosesjustmoses
Peasant
Peasant

Post by mosesjustmoses »

ok so i might need a new spear and i guess if im gonna get a new spear then ill pick up the xbox360 USB pro tool as well. Ive been looking on line to tell if this is an 8000v2 or a 9000v2 and cant find anything except the 800 firmware for xbox 360 game rippers. Hopefully this picture i took will help. Once again thank you so much.
By mosesjustmoses at 2011-10-19
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

there is not a 100% way to tell id its a 8000 v1 or a 8000 v2
other than try and dump the drive
No Questions by PM.
mosesjustmoses
Peasant
Peasant

Post by mosesjustmoses »

ok well thank you for your help i guess ill order the new spear and usb pro.
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

The best way to flash with anything other than Windows Xp is using the X360USB device. It uses basic USB drivers and the latest JF designed to use this device. It works with damn near every drive and is amazingly easy assuming you have all the right tools like a CK3 pro, and Probe 2 and 3. That's pretty much all you need.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!

Return to “Beginners”