Been away from the scene for a while, what's changed?

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
crackface
Peasant
Peasant

Been away from the scene for a while, what's changed?

Post by crackface »

Hi -

I flashed my xbox 360 a number of years ago, and been completely away from scene since then - this was around the time that MS did a mass ban on a ton of people, and some of the newer games required me to use a special boot disc to play them (I can't remember the term that referred to those type of newer games ).

Now I've been away for a while, and curious if my existing setup will play newer game backups or if things have completely changed and I need to reflash? I don't know what version of firmware I have, but I see I still have a saved file on my PC named xtreme.bin thats dated 5/14/2006.
crackface
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Been away from the scene for a while, what's changed?

Post by crackface »

I just noticed one game I'm interested in playing is an XGD3 game....I'm guessing this won't play on current firmware?

Looking further through files on hard drive, I see I have another bin IXtreme 1.6. I think this might be what I used.

Edit: Now looking even further, it would appear I may need IXtreme 2.1 which I read has XGD3 support. And there's a new version of Jungle Flasher I compared to what I had. Sorry for not reading more info out there.

I assume I can just reflash to this newest 2.1 firmware. If I'm wrong, or there's anything more I need to be aware of, please let me know.

Thanks!
Last edited by crackface on Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
louisM92
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by louisM92 »

wow that was a long time ago! what drive have you got in your console mate? there is a firmware to play XGD3 games.
Need your drive flashed? PM me to sort something out ;)
OR email me at louismoylan@live.co.uk
Flashing in the UK
Also do drive replacements :)
crackface
Peasant
Peasant

Post by crackface »

louisM92 wrote:wow that was a long time ago! what drive have you got in your console mate? there is a firmware to play XGD3 games.
Yeah, I just found iXtreme LT+ 2.0/2.1 firmware that I see has support for XGD3. I assume it's just a matter of using jungle flasher and the new firmware?

I just gotta dig up my old SATA controller card and hope this all works hooked up to a Windows 7 machine I have.
louisM92
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by louisM92 »

you should be fine if your on a 32bit os, i think 64bit gives people a lot of problems!
Need your drive flashed? PM me to sort something out ;)
OR email me at louismoylan@live.co.uk
Flashing in the UK
Also do drive replacements :)

Return to “Beginners”