JungleFlash not seeing drive, VT6421A SATA card

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
crackface
Peasant
Peasant

JungleFlash not seeing drive, VT6421A SATA card

Post by crackface »

Hi - I had this working some time ago with I believe the same PC (but can't remember for sure) and 32 bit XP, and this same VT6421A SATA PCI card. At the time I successfully flashed my Samsung MS25 drive with the IXtreme firmware that was newest at the time.

Today, I'm unable to recognize the drive from JungleFlash 1.89 under Windows 7 64 bit. What's odd, is I don't even see Windows7 attempt to pick up new hardware and try and install driver for the VT6421A card that I inserted, plus I see no unknown devices in Device Manager under SCSI and RAID controllers. I know the card works, as I see the initial option to enter setup when the PC boots by hitting <tab>, where I can configure RAIDs, etc. if I had hard disks hooked up to it. Additionally, I was able to boot with the hard drive off the card (although it did blue screen before getting to CTRL-ALT-DEL). So I don't know if something is up with Windows 7 64 bit and this card, or... ??

I don't have the screen up anymore at the moment, but in JungleFlasher the hexidecimal dropdown in the upper left, if I changed it, it showed my onboard VIA controller (like a 3349 or something) in the upper sections and the hard drive in the lower section. But none of the selections show me anything that resembles my VT6421A card, or the 360 Samsung drive.

Any chance anyone has any ideas? Could I just have a bad card? Should I try XP 32 bit on the PC? Could the onboard VIA controller be interfering?

Thanks in advance for any info!!
louisM92
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: JungleFlash not seeing drive, VT6421A SATA card

Post by louisM92 »

crackface wrote:Windows 7 64 bit.
says it all mate :D

i suggest you cut off a small partition on your hard drive and install XP 32 bit to it :)
Need your drive flashed? PM me to sort something out ;)
OR email me at louismoylan@live.co.uk
Flashing in the UK
Also do drive replacements :)
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

ive never
did any modding on win 7
it easy to get a copy of xp working now
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Win 7 is a pain. JF will work somewhat on windows 7 but it wont be stable even if you do get it up and running.

The biggest issue is drivers since your on 64 bit your going to need to mess with signing and disabling driver enforcement. Not to mention your going to need to somehow cripple the driver before windows can automatically install it. (Although you could do it in safe mode without to much issue)

Just get XP, and use it for flashing.
crackface
Peasant
Peasant

Post by crackface »

Thank you all for the responses. I finally got XP on the PC, and it was able to read the drive fine.

Return to “Beginners”