Latest versions of Jungleflasher crash my PC graphic drivers

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
Retrovertigo
Squire
Squire

Latest versions of Jungleflasher crash my PC graphic drivers

Post by Retrovertigo »

Hi there

Asked about this on the jungleflasher forums, but it is hard getting responses there for some reason :/ Anyway, any version of Jungleflasher after 1.78 crashes my pc for some reason. As soon as I do the quick on/off switch of my dvd drive when erasing the p.c momentarily crashes, I get a black screen and my monitor says it has no signal. Then after a few seconds my monitor comes back on but it says my ATI drivers have crashed (it seems to be a "proper" ATI error box that opens)

If I used version 1.78 of JF then it all works fine. BUT, that version of JF reports back LT 2.0 as having a hash check error (a known bug it seems) so I can't actually use it to flash.

I did manage to flash my drive in between crashes - which is a bit risky obviously - but then afterwards I have to go through the process of uninstalling and reinstalling my graphic drivers.

I've googled many times and can't find anyone else with this specific issue sadly. Does anyone have any clue how I might fix this? Long shot I know :) Thanks

edit: some extra details. I'm using windows xp 32 bit. I use a VIA card and uninstalled the drivers (as I say, JF 1.78 works fine) and it is a liteon 83850c V1 drive. I also use a connector kit to connect the drive and power it.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Latest versions of Jungleflasher crash my PC graphic dri

Post by CoFree »

yea man
ive not read about this happening to anyone
first thing i would try is to install a different video card drive a older one,or newer
just to see what that does
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
Retrovertigo
Squire
Squire

Post by Retrovertigo »

Hmm, you have given me an idea, Does JF run in safe mode? Before I change graphics drivers perhaps I could try running it in safe mode with graphics drivers stripped back to basics?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

i would think so
safe mode just stops a lot of back ground programs from starting
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.

Return to “Beginners”