BenQ bad flash, really don't know what to do next

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
tom80
Peasant
Peasant

BenQ bad flash, really don't know what to do next

Post by tom80 »

Hi guys. First let me say I'm really new to this so please don't get annoyed if I don't understand some of the basics!

I tried flashing my Benq Drive using JF 0.1.89, I have a via card. Something went wrong and now whenever I turn it on the light on the front is constantly flashing and the drive won't eject. I've tried reflashing a billion times but no change. I don't know what to do!

Any help would be really appreciated!
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: BenQ bad flash, really don't know what to do next

Post by CoFree »

you have had a very common problem with the via chipset
there are 2 threads you should read and get to understand like the back of your hand
this one
http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... =63&t=4351
and also this one
http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... 195&t=3226
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
tom80
Peasant
Peasant

Post by tom80 »

Hi Cofree thanks a lot for the response.

I already have the driver deleted for the via chipset so that isn't the problem :cry:

I just tried flashing again back to original firmware, made sure the original key was there, the xbox reacted the same except the light isn't blinking now. Still though the drive won't eject... I don't know what to do!
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

something is not right
if you have a different drive laying around try it
you would need a liteon and flash in your firmware build
hacked or a original it will not matter just get it going then start over
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sas67
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by sas67 »

did you do the outro after initial flash?if not,would being in vendor mode cause flashing green light?
flash all phat's and slim drives upto 1175fw.awaiting delivery of cr3lite

anejo333
Peasant
Peasant

Post by anejo333 »

I am having a very similar problem as this and been through the forums with no luck so far...i also have benq drive and using a via6421 card...i forgot to disable the drivers and my pc locked up on the write of one of the four banks now i cannot get the drive to show up in jungle flasher and xbox just flashes green light like it was in vendor mode...i did get a dump of the original firmware but with it not reading the drive i cant get it back on the drive...im kinda going nuts trying to figure this out...anyhelp will be greatly appreciated...any other info needed just ask i will get it....i also have a 3rrod samsung xbox that i could possibly put into the benq xbox if needed im just really gunshy on that since im thinking i destroyed a drive already
yamackbuddy4

Post by yamackbuddy4 »

anejo333 wrote:I am having a very similar problem as this and been through the forums with no luck so far...i also have benq drive and using a via6421 card...i forgot to disable the drivers and my pc locked up on the write of one of the four banks now i cannot get the drive to show up in jungle flasher and xbox just flashes green light like it was in vendor mode...i did get a dump of the original firmware but with it not reading the drive i cant get it back on the drive...im kinda going nuts trying to figure this out...anyhelp will be greatly appreciated...any other info needed just ask i will get it....i also have a 3rrod samsung xbox that i could possibly put into the benq xbox if needed im just really gunshy on that since im thinking i destroyed a drive already
Load your ofw in source & lt in target. Intro the drive till it get vendor mode and continue . Might take a few intro's but it will work. Using the samsung is not gone work. Though possibe to do the drive wont play ap2.5 or xgd3 titles. Your benq is fine . It is just partially erased. As long as you have yoir ofw it can always be recovered.

Return to “Beginners”