Friday 13th...How unluckly I am!

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
wellhard30
Squire
Squire

Friday 13th...How unluckly I am!

Post by wellhard30 »

Got two xbox both up running fine on thursday! Then friday 13th came and both went down!! E74 on one and the the other 3 red rings of death!! Offer I went x-clamp them both!! Yes both working for 5mins and then back to one e74 and 3 red rings!! How bads my luck? So back to the net and see if there was any help! Found it in the penny trick!! Saturday morning there I am putting my pennys into the both xbox and yes you guest it!! One working, yes you herd right one working and the other still showing E74 (even after I had overheated it and rest it, just would not come off it). A small smile to my my face but what the hell can I do with the other one.!! Well the story does not end just yet! Looking back on the net, nothing just either the penny trick or the x-clamp. So took the xbox part and changed the washers and look at some other chips and could see they had crap over them. Clean them put the thing back together, Yep, it boot just fine!!! lol but now the thing is, they are both on the lastest dashboard, one benq drive the other samsung drive, all games gone under abgx360 and the ones I have tested all work on the samsung with no problems but the benq drive has failed on just one game?? have redone the firmware and still it wont play the game! Its says the the disc is not supported!! Any ideas?
wellhard30
Squire
Squire

Re: Friday 13th...How unluckly I am!

Post by wellhard30 »

Bad news..the first one starting to crack up again!! Its boots fine but then the screen cracks up after a few mins. Any ideas? no red rings...whats the fix?
yamackbuddy4
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by yamackbuddy4 »

wellhard30 wrote:Bad news..the first one starting to crack up again!! Its boots fine but then the screen cracks up after a few mins. Any ideas? no red rings...whats the fix?
Only way those xboxes will work reliably is to have the fixed professionally. That is only if you have not caused more harm than good with the fixes you have already attempted. Those fixes will never work long man.
wellhard30
Squire
Squire

Post by wellhard30 »

Dead right man! Both are still working from Sunday. Now if I sent them off to m/s and will they just charge me or will they just send them back if the seals are broken on them?
yamackbuddy4

Post by yamackbuddy4 »

Ms wont fix any console that has been opened. You can try replacing the warranty seal and make sure your console appears stock but that is no gauranteed to work. You loose nothing to try though unless it is obvious it has been tampered with. Or you can contact Doc, Shootsteel or Biogirl at hackingjungle. They offer repairs at a reasonable price and are knowledgeable with all sorts of repairs.

Return to “Beginners”