Getting GREAT at wasting DL DVDs!

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
cruschad
Peasant
Peasant

Getting GREAT at wasting DL DVDs!

Post by cruschad »

I have an xbox 360 that was modded 3 years ago and was sold to me by a friend of mine. He said to come here since he used this site due to it's members being friendly and helpful so here I am!
Here's my issue: I download the games, burn them with imgBurn and set the DL to whatever the paging thing needs to be on. Normally I get this information from a folder included with the files I download.
Now... I burn them - I started with Soul Calibur 5. It reads the dvd, acts like it is about to load the game but goes to a screen saying it needs an update which isn't found.
I have scoured forums, googled, only to end up here, asking what the hell I'm doing wrong.
I have taken my XBOX 360 apart and took pictures of my drive but I'm at a loss to what the hell to do with it now.
Here are the pictures:
and
Other games just shut the system down and locks me out at the xbox 360 screen.

I'm guessing I need to update the firmware to the latest whatever is out there.
Links to tutorials on some member's sigs are dead links as well as dead downloads of files. And when it comes to using Jungle Flasher.. Do I need to find something that allows me to hook this drive up to my computer? If so, how do I do it?
For flashing, how do I find what version of my drive I have? My friend said it's the holes on the back.. right.. that doesn't help me at all... I googled the numbers on the back and found that this is a liteon drive but what version? Where do I get this information?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Chad
wackey
Merry Men
Merry Men

Re: Getting GREAT at wasting DL DVDs!

Post by wackey »

what dvd's are you using..i use verbatims
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Getting GREAT at wasting DL DVDs!

Post by CoFree »

well man
when you are talking about games that are downloaded there could be a lot of different things wrong with the iso.

that being said.
1st. the dvd drive firmware has to be the latest firmeware for you kind of drive.
make sure to flash it to stock before you update the dash
then reflash with the latest hacked firmware.

2nd. the game iso has to be run through the latest abgx360 set to auto fix level 3
that will make sure the iso you have is in good working order with all the stealth files needed.

3rd. the console should be running the latest dash updated from a usb flash not from on live

there is one problem right now
xbox live just released a small dash update the other day and we are not 100% sure what if any impact this will have on the playing of backup games.
that means you cant get the dash update from xbox.com not because it will be the new dash

we dont normally offer support for downloaded iso because there is just to many things that could
be wrong with it
the only way to get a true backup is from a in hand original game.

ok after looking over the board real quick. looks like the new dash is safe
this goes into it some.
so you can pull a copy of the dash from here

if you have any question just post up.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.

Return to “Beginners”