playing back ups after a long time away.Info needed!!

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
jay
Bandit
Bandit

playing back ups after a long time away.Info needed!!

Post by jay »

Hi I haven't played on my xbox since the secret update made them stop working,but my son has an xbox with LT firmware or whatever was the latest at around that time, and was not connected to the net so didn't get the update.
Can I still burn with ihas burner and play offline on this console or has things moved on and i need to have it re flashed and do some reading to get back up to date.thanks jay
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: playing back ups after a long time away.Info needed!!

Post by moonknight »

For the console that took the update and stopped working, all that happened is it updated your dvd drive to make it compatible with the new game disk format (xgd3), effectively making it a stock drive again. For that console, update to latest dashboard by connecting to live or via usb, then flash your dvd drive to the latest LT firmware.

For the console that didn't take the update, flash that drive back to stock if you can, take the update, then flash it's drive to the latest LT firmware.

Run your backups through abgx and patch if necessary (set autofix to level 3). Reburn any title that was fixed by abgx.

:mrgreen: Play on! :mrgreen:

Return to “Beginners”