flashing dvd drive

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
dish
Peasant
Peasant

flashing dvd drive

Post by dish »

i bought a lite-on ihas 224 b and when i went to flash it, it said the drive had the newest flash already. i have never flashed a drive before, so does this mean the dvd drive was pre flashed and i am ready to burn xgd3 games?
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: flashing dvd drive

Post by moonknight »

I think that what it was checking is if the dvd stock fw was the latest revision. This is not the same as applying the burner max fw.
dish
Peasant
Peasant

Post by dish »

thank you, i followed the tut. when i tried to flash the drive with the firmware that comes with the burner max it said it could not detect the 224 b drive. i downloaded the 224 b firmware from the lite-on page and it worked. i then saved the eeprom and then tried to flash the drive with the bin that comes with the burner max and it just sat there and done nothing. can i get the bin somewhere else to flash the drive with? thanks again.
dish
Peasant
Peasant

Post by dish »

also i just noticed that the ihas 224 b file in burner max is gloa and the one from the lite-on page is glob and my burner is a lite-on ihas 224 b oem. does any of that matter?
dish
Peasant
Peasant

Post by dish »

i see ihas 124 c has been added to the lite-on firm ware page. does this mean that it can be flashed for the xgd3 games?
yamackbuddy4

Post by yamackbuddy4 »

dish wrote:i see ihas 124 c has been added to the lite-on firm ware page. does this mean that it can be flashed for the xgd3 games?
No. Thats stock liteon FW. There is no hacked firmware for c revision drives.

Return to “Beginners”