Help please!!

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
jhowed
Peasant
Peasant

Help please!!

Post by jhowed »

Hi, can anyone help me?
I am new to the xbox scene and could do with some help.
My dvd drive wont read original games its a Benq one, I have however got another drive (Benq) which I would like to put in my xbox 360. I have read that I need to put the old key into the new drive but dont know how to do this.
Any help greatly appreciated.
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Help please!!

Post by parminder »

hi ok first of all can you tell me more about your old benq drive. does it just not read xbox 360 games or it doesnt read no disk at all. i mean dvds and music cds and such or is it just the games. has this xbox ever been opened to flash before
flashed 16 benQ, 8 Sams25, 3 sam28, 2 hit 0059dj, 2 0047dh 3 0047dj, still stuck on 0078fk, failed 0047dj hardware

jhowed
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jhowed »

Hi, it will play movie dvd`s but not games, it reads for a while then all I get is Open Tray message.I have put a dvd lens cleaner through it but this makes no difference. As far as I know it has not been flashed before (bought it second hand).
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by parminder »

yep mate you have a bricked xbox so there is nothing you can do about this as the previous owner most definately tried to flash it and ended up bricking it. sorry man you cant do nothing about this.
flashed 16 benQ, 8 Sams25, 3 sam28, 2 hit 0059dj, 2 0047dh 3 0047dj, still stuck on 0078fk, failed 0047dj hardware

jhowed
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jhowed »

Oh well time to buy another then!!, is there no way I can put a new drive in??
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by parminder »

you can ask the guy if hes got the original firmware with a good key who you bought it from and put it in any of the benq drives you got, without that theres no way.

jhowed
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jhowed »

I should have said that the xbox was working ok when I got it, its only recently started playing up, does this make a difference? when I opened the xbox, all the seals were intact including the one on the dvd drive.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

thread moved ;)
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
kryptic
Bandit
Bandit

Post by kryptic »

You might be in need of a new laser m8
Now Flashing All Drives
jhowed
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jhowed »

Tried the laser out of the other benq drive that I have still the same.
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by parminder »

jhowed wrote:I should have said that the xbox was working ok when I got it, its only recently started playing up, does this make a difference? when I opened the xbox, all the seals were intact including the one on the dvd drive.
there are lot of ways you can keep that seal intact even after opening the xbox.

jhowed
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jhowed »

Just moved the controller card from the old drive to the new one and now everything is fine!!! Must have been some mechanical defect in the old drive. Heres to many more happy hours gaming!!
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by parminder »

glad you got it

sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Yeah, very cool man.Sometimes problems like that gets us stumped.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

It sounds like you have a bad board. Sometimes a cold solder joint can cause issues like this. I've seen many a dvd players have open tray issues and it usually comes down to a bad solder joint or component. You can either download a schematic on your drive and then test each individual component with a multimeter (if you're experienced with component level repairs) other than that I'm not sure what else could be causing this or how to fix it other than replacing the board and the grabbing the key from it first, so you could put it in the new board.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!

Return to “Beginners”