Flashing Sam ms28 Problem

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
CaptainSpaulding
Squire
Squire

Flashing Sam ms28 Problem

Post by CaptainSpaulding »

ok here i go hopefully someone can help me. I have a Samsung ms28 it was not playing any games dvds or cds as soon as i pop in the disc it will read then it says open tray. so i bought me a new Samsung ms28 i did the key swap but it did the same thing as the old one. I bought the xbox on ebay in hopes that i could repair it i did a bit of research online with those details of the open tray so i thought just by swapping the keys would have been enough. so now i am stuck so i did the iprep with the ixtreme 1.5 for the samsung i made a bootable usb and everything worked out fine but when i was on the boot menu that gives the instructions it recognized my drive but as soon as i did everything it gave me an error message saying :
file backups\1234567\12345\sam-ofw.bin does not exist! aborted
i had purchased the pci sata port here is the description of it:
This is 3 SATA + 1 IDE Port PCI Card, which adds 1 external & 2 internal SATA port, 1 internal IDE port to your computer.
Product Features
# 3 SATA + 1 IDE Port PCI Card.
# Add 1 external & 2 internal SATA port, 1 internal IDE port to your computer.
# SATA: Host Controller chip with 32-bit interface, compliant with Serial ATA 1.0 specification, support internal PHY and data transfer rates up to 150Mbps for per SATA channel.
# IDE: Compliant with ATA/ATAPI-6; Single channel master mode hard disk controller supports two enhanced IDE devices; Redefined Bus Master Programming interface for IDE controllers to support up to four bus masters in a single function; Extension to Ultra DMA-133 interface for up to 133MB/s transfer rate.
# PCI Iterface: 33 MHz operation, compliant with PCI specification 2.2, support PCI 2X mode and PCI native mode.
# Power: 2.5V for Oscillator and SATA operation; 3.3V for PCI and IDE operation.
# Chipset: VIA VT6421A.
# Come with SATA cable and driver CD.
what am i doing wrong. i also have a hitatchi ver47 and have been unsuccessful with that one as well but i will post up another topic for that one later with full details. Big Thanks for anyone that can help me with this.
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Flashing Sam ms28 Problem

Post by parminder »

is your pci card secure in the slot or is it quite movable because once i accidently moved it a bit out of the slot and tried to read the drive and i got that error but as soon as i popped it back in it worked fine. other reason could be that you ended up erasing the firmware from the drive and when you trying to read the drive there is no valid firmware or key left in the drive which will give you an error.

when you swapped the old key into the new drive firmware, was the key valid with different numbers and letters. if so then you should not have a problem, is your new drive definately a working one?
flashed 16 benQ, 8 Sams25, 3 sam28, 2 hit 0059dj, 2 0047dh 3 0047dj, still stuck on 0078fk, failed 0047dj hardware

CaptainSpaulding
Squire
Squire

parminder wrote:is your pci card secure in the slot or is it quite movable because once i accidently moved it a bit out of the slot and tried to read the drive and i got that error but as soon as i popped it back in it worked fine. other reason could be that you ended up erasing the firmware from the drive and when you trying to read the drive there is no valid firmware or key left in the drive which will give you an error.

when you swapped the old key into the new drive firmware, was the key valid with different numbers and letters. if so then you should not have a problem, is your new drive definately a working one?
the pci is secure matter of fact it was a really tight fit when i installed. but i will recheck and see if its not loose in any way and see if that works. i dont believe that i erased the firmware i had just typed the r 2 read the drive then i typed in the sam-ofw.bin it started checking the banks it said everything was ok but then it aborted and gave me that message. i put back the old key into the old drive as i thought the key was the problem maybe someone before me tried flashing and messed it up somehow and left the new key with the new drive how would i be able to tell if the numbers and letters are valid from the key drive? and yes the drive i bought was labled as brand new and seller had 100% feedback and had sold many other drives with no complaints so i kinda trust that it is new. and big thaks 2 u parminder for replying hopefully i can get this up and running i am very grateful my friend :)
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

post moved to the right place. ;)
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
CaptainSpaulding
Squire
Squire

CoFree wrote:post moved to the right place. ;)
my apologies CoFree i did not know where to post my question. good news though i got it to flash my drive when it asked me to select r to read i did that then it asked me to put in the SamOFW.bin well i was making the mistake of putting Sam-OFW.bin that is why it was not working for me so i repeated the steps again booted off my usb followed all instructions and this time instead of typing Sam-OFW.bin i typed in SamOFW.bin and it worked :D thank you all for the advice i am very grateful

Return to “Beginners”