Post by dalecheesy »

Sweet, glad you got sorted mate.
sas67
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: Advice on returning console to MS

Post by sas67 »

hi,on same note..i bought a rrod console off ebay..mfr date is 2006-08-06
it has error 0020,whichi know is dead board.it still has xclamps fitted.when opening for first time i stupidly didn't notice the silver foil sticker on front under faceplate(until it was too late).
it looks like it has never been opened,so my question is
could i buy another silver foil sticker nd put over where the original was and send it in to MS?
flash all phat's and slim drives upto 1175fw.awaiting delivery of cr3lite

technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

I don't see why not.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
ghost.x74
Bandit
Bandit

Post by ghost.x74 »

If you can get your hands on a foil sticker that is still intact, then I dont see why not.

It is worth a try.

If MS catch on, then all that they do is return the console unrepaired anyway.

So its a shot to nothing.
RedFarmer
Peasant
Peasant

Post by RedFarmer »

I also bought a cheap RROD console with a Hitachi drive. The warranty sticker didn't look so good but i sent it in and got a refurbished console with a BenQ drive. When opening it (i perfectly removed the warranty sticker) i can see that it's a modified 360 with extra heatsinks. Flashed it and works fine!
dyear20
Peasant
Peasant

Post by dyear20 »

i have been trying to rrod my 360 on purpose i followed cofree iprep flashing a benq drive tut and my pc messed up and i lost the dvdkey and backup i assume from this send it back as is no rrod just cant play games they will fix?
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

If it's still under warranty they should.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

im not sure of they will or not
but
you can do this if you have the stomach for it.
http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... wap#p32817" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
Fluffy121793
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Fluffy121793 »

I flashed my son's drive we gave him for Christmas 08, it had a 7485c lo drive, it died mid Aug 09 Contacted MS they sent out his coffin, shipped out came back 10 days later with new 8385c. Had No problem went right through their System. In case any one wants to know his ROM just quit working , wouldn't read movies, games or Backups. Hope this helps!
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

I guess ill post that I flashed a drive, but was in a huge rush to do it, so while I was taking off the sticker, I was holding the case weirdly, and it tipped over, and slamed against my table, didnt think much of it, but after I finished the flash, I went to check the drive, and the console had 0020. Restored the drive to stock, and sent it in, got it back in 2 weeks.

One other console I flashed ended up getting red ring later, since the console was a lite-on and I had left the sticker intact, and put it back on his console, I told him to just send it in, he got his box back 2 weeks later, and was still able to play backups.
conan281
Bandit
Bandit

Post by conan281 »

The old gut swap wow that takes some thinking but if i were to do it i will wear gloves and open the box very carefully and do whats supposed to do and done i dont think i will ever do it though
lite-on:5
lite-on 83:1 (almost messed up)
benq:1
samsung:1
hatachi:1 (Very complicated)
NeoRio
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by NeoRio »

ghost.x74 wrote:The console arrived back today.
There was a letter enclosed saying that a problem had been found with the DVD drive.
A new Liteon drive was fitted (which I have just finished flashing) :D

Looks like it pays to take a little bit more time and effort to preserve the warrenty stickers/labels when opening your 360. :idea:
Great final result. Thought I'd share that my first Xbox 360 was a used one that I bought from a couple kids at a Denny's. 3 days later it got the RROD. I called MS and they sent me a box to send it to them as it was still under the 3 year warranty. I checked the warranty label and noticed that it had been taken off and put back on as it was all splotchy. Even with the warranty sticker all messed up, they still put a new drive in the machine and returned it with the 1 month of free Live. MS has no idea if you bought the box from someone else...and there is no knowing who took the warranty sticker off. Just my $0.02 on the warranty sticker. (Of course, on all 360's I bought and flashed after that, I used the hair dryer to remove the stickers very carefully!)

NeoRio
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by trailz »

Does any one have good tips for getting those stickers off? I remember using a hair dryer to get the one under the face plate off, but I couldn't figure out how to get the silver one and ended up slashing through. Also, that thin paper one on the drive...
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.
moonknight

Post by moonknight »

For the DVD drive silver grounding sticker, lift the DVD from the back first, and then just barely in the front until the pegs clear. Carefully pull the drive backwards and the tape should separate from the drive.

No suggestions for the paper sticker on the DVD drive shell, though.

Return to “Beginners”