C4E’s iXtreme Burner MAX V1.0

For questions with backing up your games!
louisM92
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: C4E’s iXtreme Burner MAX V1.0

Post by louisM92 »

my ihas524 just arrived, never picking free delivery with play.com again, they say 3-5 working days and they actually took 5 days, everytime i order free delivery elsewhere it comes a lot faster :D well ive gotta go out to town soon so ill post feedback later on guys :)
Need your drive flashed? PM me to sort something out ;)
OR email me at louismoylan@live.co.uk
Flashing in the UK
Also do drive replacements :)
louisM92
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by louisM92 »

i can confirm it works perfect! using iHas524 with sinapore verbs, backed up my mw3 and nfs the run which also come in the post not long after :P, currently installing nfs, seems to been installing fine as i havent heared the drive struggling to read the data, didnt try mw3 as i already have my original installed :)
Need your drive flashed? PM me to sort something out ;)
OR email me at louismoylan@live.co.uk
Flashing in the UK
Also do drive replacements :)
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Sweet. Ordered loads of stuff from Play and it's always a bit slower due to it coming from Jersey and having to come through customs :( What kprobe results are you getting Louis??
Thieutje
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Thieutje »

moonknight wrote:Procedure for upgrading your drive prior to flashing to max firmware. Most everything is included in the max burner download except the fw for the updated drive (this can be found on the liteon website).
CROSS-FLASHING

1. Launch the latest EEPROM utility and backup the EEPROM.
2. Launch the latest Firmware utility and backup the Firmware.

Steps 1 & 2 are to make sure you have a copy of your original in case you wish to send back for warranty

3. Flash the drive using the Firmware utility by using the .exe you wish to flash (when you download the fw from liteon, it will include the flashing utility). LEAVE ALL SETTINGS AT DEFAULT, DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING, just load firmware and flash the drive (that simple) Wait for flashing to be SUCCESSFUL
4. Now shut down your computer, unplug the power cable to your PC, COUNT TO 15 SECONDS, plug in power to PC and start back up your PC. This procedure is call power cycling the drive. (The Green activity LED on drive will flash constantly)
5. Run the EEPROM Utility (from the max fw download) and choose the Convert option. This finish the cross flashing process.
6. After you are done converting, you must power cycle the drive again by shutting down PC and unplugging for 15 secs.
7. Turn back on PC, The drive will now be recognized as an iHASx24-xx model (the firmware u chose) and the process is now complete.

(NOTE to those having problems cross-flashing: some people say to disable AHCI Mode and enable IDE Mode in the BIOS to cross-flash, not necessary but recommended)

credits: Spark and other myce members for the instructions, c0deguys,c0deking for the firmware mods
i take no credit for this tutorial..just trying to be helpful
Lightly edited, thanks to the original poster, good stuff. After this, I verified that the fw was at the latest rev for the new version (update if necessary), then follow CoFree's tuturial on how to update your burner to Max fw.
I don't recommend Xflashing, i Xflashed my Ihas124b to a 524b and althought everything seem to be working fine and i did burn severel dvd without any flaws and working i recently had a frustrating issue with Kprobe2.

When i wanted to check my discs in Kprobe, the program simply didn't want to start the test saying that there was a "test range error".
Although i couldn't believe that was the issue, i re- Xflashed my drive back to 124b and surprisingly, now Kprobe works like a charm.

http://www.ixtreme.net/open-forum/17835 ... e-2-a.html

Results of a burned disc after using these settings in the above mentioned URL

*Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better.

Return to “Game Backups”