Ritek dye burner max settings

For questions with backing up your games!
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Ritek dye burner max settings

Post by dalecheesy »

I'm sick of wasting Verbs so for anyone with a load of Ritek s04-66 discs i've been having good verified burns by changing the write speed settings to enable them to burn at 2.4x instead of only being able to select 4x in imageburn which was giving me verify errors at 50 percent. You can use MediaCodeSpeed to change the details of the ihas final.bin which corresponds to your drive then reflash it in. When you load the finalbin into mcse, double click on the Ritek s04-66 line and select RicohJPN D00-001 and click ok. It will flash a warning up saying that the Jpn will now not be supported, click ok then save the file. It will save it as iHAS-124B-AL0S-MKM001MKM003-final_speedpatched.bin or whatever one corresponds to your drive firmware. Now just flash it back over onto the drive and try a cheap disc with that dye on. I've been using Aritas with the Ritek dye but i believe memorex ones and a few others use the same. Seems long winded but its a doddle and won't affect the verb speeds etc. You can also try enabling force Hypertuning, online hypertuning and smartburn (which should be enabled by default) in the advanced settings in the lower right hand corner on the burning screen. However mine have been burning with the standard settings and with burnproof disabled and so far no bad burns and 100 percent verified.

Heres the firmware for the 124b's and the 524b's if you don't want to create it yourself:
Speedfix.rar
And MCSE if you want to make your own:
MediaCodeSpeed.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Ritek dye burner max settings

Post by CoFree »

good stuff
im going to copy and sticky in the
backup thread
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.

Return to “Game Backups”