What are Dae.bin files?

For questions with backing up your games!
bittersuit_98
Bandit
Bandit

What are Dae.bin files?

Post by bittersuit_98 »

After running into so many challenges ripping XGD3 games, I've been trying to understand the use of the Dae.Bin files. At this point it's still unclear to me what the Dae.Bin files do, why are they relevant? and how are we supposed to use them.

I did my research. I have found the info quoted below. If you read it, it seems that Dae.Bin files are important for ripping the games. All the tutorials I have seen for XBC say nothing about Dae.Bins or how to use them.

"Im sure many of you like myself were looking for something to rip the new xgd3 games and all there ap25 data. If you had the error when trying to rip your xgd3 game that said no dae.bin file and will not rip the whole disk. Well look no further. This is the latest and greatest out there. I have just ripped and burnt my own xgd3(SpaceMarine) and it works like a dream. Be warrned though, you must have the 0800 firm for your dvd drive and then for your xbox the latest lt2.0 firm or this will not work in your xbox." (Text edited at mods request)

Can someone explain me how to use the Dae.Bin files?

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by bittersuit_98 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
sas67
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: What are Dae.bin files?

Post by sas67 »

well firstly you may want to edit the quote to remove the refernce to pirated material as its frowned upon here.
im not an expert but i believe the dae.bin contains all the ap25 challenge angles that will occur when playing the backup disc.the dae.bin aids xbc in ripping a 100% copy from disc.
flash all phat's and slim drives upto 1175fw.awaiting delivery of cr3lite

Return to “Game Backups”