Backup discs discs don't work on newly flashed LiteOn

For questions with backing up your games!
crackface
Peasant
Peasant

Backup discs discs don't work on newly flashed LiteOn

Post by crackface »

Hi -

Hoping someone can offer some advice here, I'm out of ideas.

I had an xbox 360 with a flashed Sammy MS25, where all my Verbatim MKM-001-00 disc backup games worked fine, and then the console RROD'd on me. So bought a refurbed xbox that has a LiteOn (a 74850c that I understand is now a 02510C with the 14719 dash update). I successfully flashed it using a CK3i and a CK3 Probe 3. I then tested out my game backup discs, and many don't work (says either unreconized disc, or open tray), but some actually do. Someone recommended I take the ISO of one of the bad ones, run it through abgx, then reburn. So I grabbed the Elder Scrolls: Skyrim iso (which is an XGD3 game), and ran it through abgx. I'm not terribly familiar with abgx, and used it here for the first time, but noteworthy things I saw was:
- It lists PAL in white letters, and NTSC/U in green letters (I purchased the xbox in the US, so not sure if any of this matters)
- It mentions that it had to fix the topology data
- Everything else looked OK, and at the end it said "Game partition CRC matches the verified ini!" and "AutoFix was successful!"

So I verified the .dvd file had Layerbreak=2133520, and burned to the same Verbatim MKM-001-00 type disc with IMGBURN 2.5.6 at a speed of 2.4x as I did before. When checking the game in the console, one time it said "unrecognized disc", and a reboot of the console yielded "open tray"...so it's not working.

I reran the iso through abgx again, and this time all the checks came up green and as far as I can, everything looks fine with the ISO.

Does anyone have any ideas by chance on why I'm unable to play the games that used to work fine on my Sammy drive?
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: Backup discs discs don't work on newly flashed LiteOn

Post by moonknight »

Older games will probably still work, but newer xgd3 games won't unless you burn them with the liteon ihas rev b burner flashed with ixtreme burnermax firmware. Your sammy couldn't do ap2.5 checks, so all challenges by the new protection passed. The liteon can do these checks, so a new way of burning the discs is required.

A liteon ihas 124 b can be picked up from newegg for about $20.
crackface
Peasant
Peasant

Post by crackface »

Thank you moonknight!!
yamackbuddy4

Post by yamackbuddy4 »

Im a bit late but newegg is shipping C firmware drives. I just recieved 2 a couple days ago. C drives don't work for this burnermax firm.

Return to “Game Backups”