xgd3 disc burning question

For questions with backing up your games!
peacock
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

xgd3 disc burning question

Post by peacock »

hi guys - i seem to be confused regarding burning these new xgd3 games, im assuming all new games are xgd3...i dont play online so im not bothered about that, lately i backed up skyrim...tried to burn it using image burn with layer break set at "calculate optimal"..burnt it several times on some AONE dual layer dvds but none of them worked all came with "disc is dirty" error message...ive read that the layer break should be set at 21xxxx, or something like that, still couldnt get the game to work...can someone tell me what is the correct way of doing this ?..i have got some verbs and have oredered a ihas 124-19b burner......read somewhere that i may need that...any help would be great as i dont want to waste more money and purchase extra hardware...ta
yamackbuddy4
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: xgd3 disc burning question

Post by yamackbuddy4 »

peacock wrote:hi guys - i seem to be confused regarding burning these new xgd3 games, im assuming all new games are xgd3...i dont play online so im not bothered about that, lately i downloaded skyrim...tried to burn it using image burn with layer break set at "calculate optimal"..burnt it several times on some AONE dual layer dvds but none of them worked all came with "disc is dirty" error message...ive read that the layer break should be set at 21xxxx, or something like that, still couldnt get the game to work...can someone tell me what is the correct way of doing this ?..i have got some verbs and have oredered a ihas 124-19b burner......read somewhere that i may need that...any help would be great as i dont want to waste more money and purchase extra hardware...ta
Might be the media that's the issue. verbs & ihas is the proper way. For now try using clone cd. It will prompt you that there is not enough room on the disc and what would you like to do. Select "Write till end of the disc is reached". This might work for you. Keep in mind that if you have a Hitachi drive running 2.0 , truncating is not supported so your only option will be to do it the proper way.

Return to “Game Backups”