IMGBurn Settings Confusion

For questions with backing up your games!
360fifa
Bandit
Bandit

IMGBurn Settings Confusion

Post by 360fifa »

Hello guys,

quick question regarding the proper settings in imgnurn.
So i'm using Burnermax to unlock the full capacity of the DL Disk so that I can burn in imgburn, however, in the settings section of the notepad file it gives some settings that i must ensure is set in the burning program. They are as follows:

Force Hypertuning - Enabled
Online Hypertung - Disabled
Smartburn - Enabled
Overspeed - Enabled
OPC history - Do not clear

I have been looking the settings but can't find where to make these changes. Can some help please.

Thanks.
thespider43
Peasant
Peasant

Re: IMGBurn Settings Confusion

Post by thespider43 »

The only settings you need to change in imgburn are,
Layerbreak: Calculate optimal
OPC=OFF
and these can be found under, Tools, Settings, Write tab.
To make the other changes...
SB=ON
FHT=ON
OS=OFF
OHT=OFF
Use this programme, EEPROM Utility 6.2.0

Just google it and you should find it easy enough.
Hope this helps...

Dave.
360fifa
Bandit
Bandit

Post by 360fifa »

Hey, Thanks Dave. This was really helpful.
04jgc
Peasant
Peasant

Post by 04jgc »

Ok, so let me start by saying i'm the farthest from a newbie. I've been burning 360 backups since the beginning, literally 100's, possibly 1,000's of them. Hell, i was burbning back-ups for PS2 & using "swap magic" before the 360 was even hacked, if that gives you any idea, I've been at it for quite a while.

I have an ihas-124 with burnermax, using imgburn 2.5.6, running DVD Info Pro in the background (not sure if i still need to, but I've had failures when I've forgotten to open this when burning) & using EEPROM utility as well. I've been through all these tut's, know the deal on all the settings for ABGX1.0.6, imgburn 2.5.6, & EEPROM. I've never had issues burning with Windows XP. I recently upgraded to Windows 7, & POOF, everything is F'd up :o !

When I extract my games, (& even games that were previously extracted, & used to display correctly) some show as video_TS & Audio_TS, Dead Space 3 is showing as 4 .IBG files (whatever the hell they are), & a few are still showing as .iso. The .dvd files now show as "image file" in the description, but when i click the properties, it shows the extension as .dvd as it should. I went through & re-set all my settings, & now i'm getting "mis-compare" errors that I've never had. I'm about ready to tear my hair out :x !

I tried to re-install Windows XP, & that just seemed to piss off my computer something fierce! it said i could not do it. I suppose I could re-format drive C & wipe it completely (yes, all of my game related stuff is on an external drive), but I kind of wanted to run W7, so going back to XP is a last resort.

my questions are this:

* is it somehow possible that windows & & could have erased the burnermax firmware off of my ihas by some crazy chance? What firmware should I be looking for displayed in EEPROM to be sure that burnermax is still installed?

* Are there different settings for the aforementioned programs specific to Windows 7 that are different than XP that I need to use?

* is there a different program set other than the ones I've mentioned that I should use with Windows 7? if so, can anyone tell me what they are & what the settings are?

please, please, PLEASE can someone help!??? I just built a new home so I've got, a pool, decks, landscaping, fences, etc going on, things are insane @ my job, & this is the last thing I need right now.

If this is the wrong thread for these questions, my apologies, but I'm doing this from work so i had to sneak in quickly & this was the first related thread I found.

My Buddah forever smile upon anyone who can assist me :( LOL

Return to “Game Backups”