Is My Xbox360 Liteon Drive Screwed

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
bandag
Peasant
Peasant

Is My Xbox360 Liteon Drive Screwed

Post by bandag »

hello I :( am in a bit bit of trouble with my liteon drive through a major screw up with my awful soldering now i have wrecked my r707 and r708 points is any way i can get the key if only to replace the drive i am using an rs232 homemade probe thourgh hyperterminal tests i am not even getting a signal from the r52 point i think it has somethimg to do with fact that both points are missing this happened because i scraped off the green layer over points for soldering and upon placing and removing the soldering the points came now it plain to see that i suck and thankfully somehow still plays original games is their way to get the key of the drive or is it screwed i would love some advice from you or anyone you recomend so far the advice i get is do not touch a solding iron anyting beyond that would be great thanks in advance
bandag
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Is My Xbox360 Liteon Drive Screwed

Post by bandag »

i am willing to replace the drive but checking online i see i am still going to need the info from this drive if there is a way to get around that i would love to know that too please.And hats of to Microsoft if you there is no way out
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Post by commando_lee »

there is the pin lif but that involves more technical soldering. The only way you will be able to put another drive in that console is by dumping the key from the current drive thats in there.
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

if your console will still play games
you are fine

you still can get your key from the drive
but
you have to do it right
i dont understand what you did to mess it up.

at this point i would say dont do crap
and get the ck3 pro with probe
there is not solder using that.

by the way this is not a junk post
it is a good flashing question
ill move it to the right place for you. ;)
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
lcddarkangel1
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by lcddarkangel1 »

i think if your gonna flash a lite-on you should spend the lil money and get the probe.
its a good investment

bandag
Peasant
Peasant

Post by bandag »

thanks guys i got some hope at least i came to this soldering nightmare because shipping it here in jamaica would have cost and i have herd many poeple fail with kit and probe so i took this route but with the R707 and R708 striped away how can i get the key with the probe?
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Post by commando_lee »

These are the points. Basicly where it says TXD on the top pic your probe will go in there.
l74.jpg
The lower pic is how u do it.
ck32.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
bandag
Peasant
Peasant

Post by bandag »

Ah I know that is where normally put the probe ,thanks by the way but in an early attempt to bridge the R707 point with solder i ended up sucking up the the solder points and charing the area where r707 and r708 and after removeing the burnt layer to atempt to replace the points the soldering point again i ened up losing the traces to and in another atempt reconnect points to coresponding traces after scraping away the green layer for solderingthat would be that the copper area around the txd hole the solding iron sucked up point on the tip and now have no r707 point to probe now i asked around at something i sould have done in the first place for adviceand found compitent poeple with a soldering iron in maintiance department and and i am willing pass along your advice if any solding is required and they too are blowen away on how stupid i am.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

You may still be able to probe the point. From what I understand your bridging the r707, but you made a mess while soldering and now cant bridge it, a full on probe (usb, ck3 or what have you) may still work for you.

Like commando said, there is a pin lift method, so if you are talking with experienced solderer's (is that a word?) that could be a possibility.
bandag
Peasant
Peasant

Post by bandag »

I see so these guys are good and suspect that the pin lift method works with probe together so how is that done because i am thinking of ordering a new drive if can get the key. Before the screw up i did get the information.bin the inquiry.bin and dummy.bin the home made rs232 probe but no good key thats what led me to soldering so with those points now messed up i just want to get the key and change the drive an so i dont have to look at the thing.
bandag
Peasant
Peasant

Post by bandag »

How is the pin lift method done?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

here is a link
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php? ... 98256&st=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
bandag
Peasant
Peasant

Post by bandag »

thanks i,ll just need cennectivty kit then.
bandag
Peasant
Peasant

Post by bandag »

got a connectivty kit and a lt switch an flash it with liteon lt 1.1 :D

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”