burner max

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

burner max

Post by shaky »

i have recently noticed a new drive burner max that as been made for burning the new adg3 games with no problems , is this a must have because i have burnt a few adg3 games now with my samsung drives with no problems
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: burner max

Post by technoe »

It's advised (by me) that you drop $20 for a max burner drive. IDK how the other guys feel though.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
Deathuntou
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by Deathuntou »

This comes from Ubergeek / Team Xecutor
In order for XGD3 games to be burned properly, the new drives with new firmware will have to burn very close to edge of the disc. This area is where the dye (the material where the data resides) is the most inconsistent. The stock firmware in DVD burners has been coded to stop burning well short of the edge of the dye.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by shaky »

so corect me if i am wrong then , all the adg3 games i have burnt are no good because they have not burnt correctly
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

They will work fine but if M$ ever decides to put checks in that last 1.7% of the disc then the checks will fail because its not there......
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by shaky »

got ya mate i will be ordering some of those new burners then , thanks budy
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

In theory the games you have burnt can check that last 1.7% at any time. If they dont check that already with a GAME update, the game can check the entire 100% of the disk (including the last non existent 1.7% which would cause a bad response from the drive and your game either failing to boot, or crashing with an error about some kind of failed security check)

To clear it up a bit your game will play fine without the last bit of the data since all the important data is burned first, near the middle of the disk so it can be read faster. The outer edge of the disk will be unimportant data, and sometimes just padding.
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by shaky »

so are you saying i dont really need to get these new burners then my friend , because i dont mind buying them but if i dont need to i would rather not , plus the fact that i have looked online tonight and was going to place an order but i noticed again that the shipping more then the burner its self and the last time i ordered something from xconsoles i paid the shipping but when it arived i had to pay another £15 british pounds to recieve it ,
all the games i have done so far are ok all play fine apart from a couple that i burnt at 8% with clonecd so i put it down to 4% i used 8% because i read that clonecd can burn at high speeds but i got problems with the games stuttering half way through so i use 4% now and they are ok
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

Newegg has the drives for like $25 shipped.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Well as of this moment, no you dont NEED it, but you probably will soon enough.

The drive itself is only $25 so you may as well just buy it now and be ready for later. If M$ and developers were smart they would add in an ap 2.5 check that specifically checks that last 1.7% or even the very last thing on the disk. Since a typical backup will not have that last bit on the disk. Seems like a no brainer, and they will very likely do something like that, and I guess in theory the AP 2.5 check can randomly perform a check on that last bit and fail.

I'd suggest (and I'm sure all the other staff would as well) that you go ahead and buy it.
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by shaky »

ok my friend i will take your advise as always i order some
thanks again
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by shaky »

hi guys i ordered my drives yesterday i ordered 4 of them it cames to £95 british pounds with shipping , the problem i have now is , can someone verify this for me my friend rang me today he said he had brought one off amazon.co.uk for £18 free shipping is this the right drive because if it is i am kicking myself right in the knackers
http://www.amazon.co.uk/LiteOn-IHAS224- ... 698&sr=8-4

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”