can't play new xbox games

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
360fifa
Bandit
Bandit

can't play new xbox games

Post by 360fifa »

Hello Team,

I previously posted about an issue I was having in regards to my xbox locking up in a update loop. Apparently I did not restore the stock firmware on the dvd drive before trying to play a Backup of Fifa 12. I used the original fifa 12 disc to update the console and then tried to update the dashboard via usb but the console did not take the update. Now i'm only capable of playing some older games and one confirmed new game "fifa 12". I would really like to know why is this..

Oh, another thing that I just remembered. What's the latest firmware out on the phat lite-on drive? I have the 16D2S version 74 series. I think I also used the pre-13141 lt 1.1 Should I have used the Post 13141 lt 1.9 or is there a newer version out for my type drive? lt 3.0, isn't that for the 800 series drives and would it work with my 74series?

Thanks
yamackbuddy4
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: can't play new xbox games

Post by yamackbuddy4 »

360fifa wrote:Hello Team,

I previously posted about an issue I was having in regards to my xbox locking up in a update loop. Apparently I did not restore the stock firmware on the dvd drive before trying to play a Backup of Fifa 12. I used the original fifa 12 disc to update the console and then tried to update the dashboard via usb but the console did not take the update. Now i'm only capable of playing some older games and one confirmed new game "fifa 12". I would really like to know why is this..

Oh, another thing that I just remembered. What's the latest firmware out on the phat lite-on drive? I have the 16D2S version 74 series. I think I also used the pre-13141 lt 1.1 Should I have used the Post 13141 lt 1.9 or is there a newer version out for my type drive? lt 3.0, isn't that for the 800 series drives and would it work with my 74series?

Thanks
First thing you need to do is find out what dashboard you are on. The newest would be 14699. If you are already on dashboard 14699 skip step 1.
If not follow the mini tut. from step 1. Either way one issue is that you have is the wrong CFW on the drive.

Step 1.
***Before updating the dash you need to have stock firmware on the drive. If the dashboard is 13141 or higher you no longer have a 7 series liteon. The drive is now 02510 , so you will use the stock firmware LiteOn_Post_13141. If the dash is below 13141 then the drive is still a 7 series liteon and you will use the stock firmware LiteOn_Pre_13141.

Now download this(Click Here) . After downloading the system update file make sure your flash drive is formatted to fat32 and extract the contents of the $ystemupdate.rar to the root of the flash drive. Do not take the contents out of the folder and do not rename the folder. Place the flash drive in the console and boot the console. If it does not recognize the update turn the console off and try with another usb port or try powering the console while holding the sync button.

Step 2.
Now that you have your dashboard updated open JF back up (latest version is 1.92 if you dont have it go to jungleflasher.net and download it). If you dont have the LT+3.0 firmware pack , you will need to download this as well. Since the dashboard is now 14699 you will be flashing the LTPlus-0251-v3.0 located in the LT+3.0 firmware folder. Remember that since the dashboard is higher than 13141 the drive is no longer a 74850 FW drive it is now 02510 FW drive.

You should no be good to go now. If you are still using xgd3 bakups made before lt+3.0 you will need to use the latest Abgx360 to patch the iso again then reburn em.

DONT CONFUSE THE 02510 WITH THE SLIM 0225. THESE ARE TWO DIFFERENT FW'S
I am not screamin when using caps. I just can not use size tags here. This is very important.
360fifa
Bandit
Bandit

Post by 360fifa »

Thank you bro.

I'll try that asap.. I'll let you know how it goes..

Thanks.
360fifa
Bandit
Bandit

Post by 360fifa »

Hey Team,

It did not work, currently the game is bricked. I'll have to use dosflash to update it. But the post dashboard did not work JF said it did not recognise the firmwares for my drive.
yamackbuddy4

Post by yamackbuddy4 »

360fifa wrote:Hey Team,

It did not work, currently the game is bricked. I'll have to use dosflash to update it. But the post dashboard did not work JF said it did not recognise the firmwares for my drive.
Me thinks you are doing something wrong. Id recommend you may want to seek a pro to get you situated. I dont mean this in a bad way , actually I wish you are able to get it going yourself. That way you are able to get yourself out of this situation if ever you run into it again. The mini tut I wrote is straight foward.

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”