Need Assistance spoofing a hitachi dvd rom please

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
davewill
Squire
Squire

Need Assistance spoofing a hitachi dvd rom please

Post by davewill »

Hi

I have a hitachi gdr-3120L rom ver.0078fk,I am spoofing to a lite-on dg-16d2s firmware ver.74850c.
I have spoofed the hitachi to original using jungle flasher 1.78 beta (its the only version that gives me mode b)I used (orig78-4d20) Then updated to newest dashboard.
Xbox reads the orig games & plays them with a top left error light on the xbox.If I used jungle flasher 1.92 beta I can't get the drive into mode b to flash lt-plus 78-4d20-1.1 & if I try with jungle flasher 1.78 beta I get an error that it can't open the .bin file. I also have a lite-on drive that i must of spoofed as a hitachi & now I can see it with mode b but cant erase it.today is not a good day!

Thanks davewill
yamackbuddy4
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: Need Assistance spoofing a hitachi dvd rom please

Post by yamackbuddy4 »

Spoofing is no longer supported. Even if you are able to write the fw to the drive. Newer games wont work. You need to replace the drive with the same model.
davewill
Squire
Squire

Re: Need Assistance spoofing a hitachi dvd rom please

Post by davewill »

Thanks for the info. didn't realize spoofing was out.I was trying the hitachi because the lite-on thinks it is a hitachi and I can only access it through mode b.Every time I try to spoof it back to a lite-on original firmware it comes back saying(Drive rev. undetermined aborting)any ideas would be appreciated

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”