9504 locked after dash update 14669.

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
AssFat
Squire
Squire

9504 locked after dash update 14669.

Post by AssFat »

anyone wanna shed some light on a locked slim drive. it wont unlock into vendor mode after dash update through usb. this console has never been online.

the drive is a 9504 flashed from lt+ back to stock. then dash updated to 2.0.14669.0 with usb. never had a problem unlocking it b4. sata cable, ck3 lite and jf 1.92 were used. says its 0272 now. maybe it was b4 but i didnt pay no mind last flash. the drive says A0A0 on it. i do have a comm port if thats useful. didnt seem to need it on this drive previously.

after lots of searching, it seems to be a common prob. found many different "solutions" to this lockup. thought id ask the here b4 i did/tried to do anything about it.

may it be a candidate for j-runner?

AF
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: 9504 locked after dash update 14669.

Post by moonknight »

may it be a candidate for j-runner?
If it is only used for offline play only, why wouldn't you? You can transfer your backed up game images to a usb drive using a program called iso2god (games on demand) or use your locked stock drive to rip them directly to the xbox. Once on a hard drive, you don't need the dvd drive to play.

Reset Glitch Hack (rgh) is the way to go for those systems. J-runner makes the process painless. The only thing you need to bring to the table are some soldering skills and a little patience while getting familiar with the tutorials.
AssFat
Squire
Squire

Post by AssFat »

If it is only used for offline play only, why wouldn't you?
cuz i been out of the loop. just learned that the glitch existed 2 days ago.
will it void my warranty? kidding. thanks for the replay. im actually glad those pricks locked my drive. good chance to learn another trick. yeah my soldering skills are fine. this will be fun. big thank you to M$ for the motivation :)
af
yamackbuddy4

Post by yamackbuddy4 »

Or you can just use a TX unlocked pcb if winbond , Sputnik360 if it is mxic . If you are following the correct steps you should have zero issue reading the drive while its locked , but you wont be able to write unless using one of the methods I just described. There is one other method called the kamikaze. I don't recommend it though. All slim drives running on dash board 13599 and up are locked .
AssFat
Squire
Squire

Post by AssFat »

cool. ill take a look.
cheers

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”