Flashing my benq

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
mrmsbehaven
Squire
Squire

Flashing my benq

Post by mrmsbehaven »

Hi its been awhile since i been on here and i had a couple questions. First i have my ofw from flashing my drive with iprep 006. Now i want to flash it back to the ofw and i want to use a newer iprep cause it seems i cant do it with jungle flasher and a new x360 usb pro2. So Question one when i perpare iprep where i insert firmware i just insert my ofw? Question 2 now i have windows 7 does it matter in iprep b/c last time i used windows xp pro?
Thanks in Advance
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: Flashing my benq

Post by moonknight »

If the last program you used for updating your fw was iPrep, then there is some catching up to do.

Before you begin updating your fw, first restore it to stock. Next, update your xbox dashboard to the newest rev, 15574. When you apply the current dashboard update, it will also update the dvd fw to the newest stock fw.

Next, you should use jungleflasher for your update to latest cfw. Klutch stopped updating iprep a while ago, so now jf is the standard. There is an interactive tutorial in the jf download that will walk you through how to use it. We will need to figure out why jf wasn't working for you, so check the tutorial and give us your symptoms. Any questions on that after you look through the guide, just ask.

Last, newer games can't be copied and burned the same way, so once you get your dvd to latest cfw post back and we can walk you through that.
mrmsbehaven
Squire
Squire

Post by mrmsbehaven »

Yeah i just want to revert my xbox to stock and thats it. I don't want to do any cfw's yet. My question was when i prepare my usb drive in iprep where it says load firmware i just put my ofw in there then proceed to dump my bin and write? My other question was if does it matter if i use iprep on windows 7 64 bit? I think i can't use jf b/c its been so long since i flashed my drive and when i did it i used iprep006 then i reflashed to 1.6 with iprep009.
Thanks in Advance
moonknight

Post by moonknight »

Fastest way to get your drive to stock is to just update it to the latest dashboard. There have been no bans to date using this method. Download the usb version of the update from microsoft and apply it. You will end up at the current dashboard and at stock firmware for you dvd drive.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

just go to this link to get the latest console update

then just do what moonknight said and you should be good to go.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
mrmsbehaven
Squire
Squire

Post by mrmsbehaven »

NICE. Thanks for the advise guys I appreciate it.

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”