Stock Lite-On 774850c Drive Won't Play Discs

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
machineGUNmike
Squire
Squire

Stock Lite-On 774850c Drive Won't Play Discs

Post by machineGUNmike »

I have been flashing and playing modded XBOX360s since before the great banwave back in the day so I am familiar with the whole scene. I also regularly read most of the posts in here on a weekly basis.

I recently purchased an Xecuter xDrive. My Xbox360 came with a Lite-On 74850c drive in it. It hasn't seen the internet since a couple of months ago and that was only to update the dash. Before that I ran an older version of iXtreme CFW but never hooked it up to the internet. I have purchased a replacement Lite-On 75850c drive to flash and put into the Xecuter xDrive case. This way I can switch back and forth between the drives.

I flashed the original drive with stock FW and the drive key from my original drive's CFW and let it update the dashboard (the one before the latest dash) then I flashed it with LT+3.0 and put it into the Xecuter xDrive case. It boots up and plays both retail and burnt games perfectly.

I then flashed the new drive with stock FW (modded with the original drive's key) that came from within the JF folder phat stock FW folder. I misplaced the stock FW that came with it but I do have the key from a stored CFW. I am using a USB360 Pro on a Win7 laptop.

I only play burnt games on this XBOX360 offline and have been playing it this way for a couple of months now.

Here is the problem. When I boot into the stock drive the XBOX360 boots up just fine, plays downloaded MS games from the HD and watches Netflix etc. all as it should but...the center light on the front of the console keeps blinking even after the XBOX360 is booted up. I tried updating the stock drive to the latest dash and after it downloads the update it gives me an error code and will not install it.

When I put a retail game into the drive and close the drive is says "reading game" for a few seconds and then shows "open tray" again. If I press on the "open tray" dash icon with a disc in the drive it reboots itself back into the dash. It refuses to play any disc and always says "open tray" when a retail game disc is in the drive. It acts as if it's stuck in an "open tray" loop.

I ordered another Lite-On 74850c drive and flashed it with stock JF Lite-On phat FW and it does exactly the same thing as the original drive I flashed except it does not reboot into the dash. It just returns to "open tray" after flashing "reading game" for a few seconds after I insert a retail game disc.

Any suggestions?

Is there a problem with using one of the three stock FW choices from the JF folder maybe? How do I create or where can I get the stock FW?
machineGUNmike
Squire
Squire

Re: Stock Lite-On 774850c Drive Won't Play Discs

Post by machineGUNmike »

UPDATE: I re-flashed my stock 74850c drive with the LiteOn_Post_13141 orig-02510C-1c000.bin spoofed with my key. Put the drive back into the XBOX360 and booted it up just fine as before but, It still does the same exact thing. It acts as if it's in an open tray loop. For the heck of it I reflashed my modded drive with a freshley spoofed LTPlus-0251-v3.0.bin, put it back into the xDrive and it works perfectly. Plays my burnt games and retail games both.

When I try and update my dash on the stock drive I am still getting the error Status Code: 3CD6 - 3F45 - 1380 - 0700 - C000 - 000E.

My current Dash is 2.0.15574.0.

Man, what am I doing wrong?

Is the DVD drive maybe not getting recognized at all?
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by moonknight »

I think it might be because it is a liteon drive, they need more than just the dvd key to flash to stock. Hopefully you backed up the drive before you flashed it to stock again.
machineGUNmike
Squire
Squire

Post by machineGUNmike »

I didn't think that I had to back up a new drive's FW since I was going to flash it with my own key and .bin file. How do you flash a Lite-On back to stock? I do not have the dummy.bin file so I relied on the stock .bin file that was in the Latest_iXtreme_v1.91_and_Stock_Firmware_Pack.
moonknight

Post by moonknight »

I flashed the original drive with stock FW and the drive key from my original drive's CFW and let it update the dashboard (the one before the latest dash) then I flashed it with LT+3.0 and put it into the Xecuter xDrive case. It boots up and plays both retail and burnt games perfectly.
Dump the fw from this drive, then load it in jf as source. Then open the stock fw as target. This should be the 02510C fw since you have already taken the update to your xbox. Copy source to target and then use this as your stock fw to flash back.

Hope this helps.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

yes
it reads like the fist drive has all the seriral information and key it should have
but the 2nd drive does not because of
I misplaced the stock FW that came with it but I do have the key from a stored CFW
moonknight is right own on this.
at least as far as the information we are working with.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
machineGUNmike
Squire
Squire

Post by machineGUNmike »

I think I get it.

The modded drive that is working correctly has the serial info that the other drives need to work with this XBOX360 MoBo.

Can I not just create a dummy.bin file from the working modded drive's CFW info in JF using DummyGen or do I have to use the CK3 probe to do this?

I guess I can conclude that next time I need to always dump the FW off of any new Lite-On 74850c drive and then spoof it with my XBOX360 MoBo key, right?

My mistake was just erasing and reflashing the new DVD drive right out of the box?

Thanks for the help...I have been pulling my hair out over this one.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

if you still have a copy of the cfw that works you should be able to build a good stock firmware for the lite-on to flash
in
No Questions by PM.
machineGUNmike
Squire
Squire

Post by machineGUNmike »

Roger that. I'm on it now. Back with the results.

Thank you again guys!

Funny how quickly a thing like this can humble you, LOL!
machineGUNmike
Squire
Squire

Post by machineGUNmike »

Here is an update on my progress in case anyone else runs into this situation with a Lite-On 74850C.

I tried in vain to get the new drive to take an update or play discs with stock FW that I downloaded and edited. However, after rifling through all of my known hoarding spots on my iMac and USB HD's I did find the original dummy.bin file that I had extracted from when I first flashed the Lite-On drive way back when.

I flashed the new drive with this dummy.bin file (had the proper key file already embedded when I extracted it before) and put it back into the XBOX360 case. It now played all of my retail discs just fine. There is a hitch though...when I tried to update the dash it still gave me an error code (Status Code: 3CD6 - 3F45 - 1380 - 0700 - C000 - 000E) at the start of the update install so that sucked. After Googling around for the error code I finally found a post where someone else had a similar situation with a replaced and reflashed stock LiteOn 74850c drive. He had the exact same error code as I got and he even called Microsoft (XBOX help). He then posted the whole phone call for all to read. Basically the lady on the other end told him that error code he had was because the XBOX360 had been "tampered with" and when she asked him about that he told her that a local shop had replaced the defective dirve with an identical new drive when the old one had failed and it had been reflashed with the right key. After that she told him that he could send it in to Microsoft for around $100 or so and that they could "fix it" for him or replace with a refurb. Other than that he was on his own.

After seeing this thread it got me thinking. Since I had flashed the new drive without extracting the stock .bin file from it first I guess this is why I get the error code.

I reflashed the new drive with the CFW iXtreme 3.0 that was working for me all along and then I reflashed the original drive (which had been my modded drive) with the dummy.bin file.

Now my XBOX360 took the update just fine while booted into the stock original drive and I can also switch it over to the modded "new" dive and play all of my modded backups made from my retail discs.

Sorry if this is a bit long winded or confusing but I am up and running now, thanks!

I would guess that the moral of this long story is to ALWAYS extract the FW off of any new drive and manipulate this file with your key then flash it back. Don't just flash the stock drive right out of the box.
Last edited by machineGUNmike on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

damn man
good job :D

glad you got it going
No Questions by PM.
machineGUNmike
Squire
Squire

Post by machineGUNmike »

Thank you sir. :)

I figure it is a problem with the serial data that comes on the stock drive that doesn't seem to transfer over to a downloaded .bin file properly.

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”