Changing my Phat lite-on drive!

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
360fifa
Bandit
Bandit

Changing my Phat lite-on drive!

Post by 360fifa »

Hello guys,

I bought a new lite-on drive to replace the old one that was in there. How do I do this. I have the keys for both drives.

My understanding is that I can use the dummy firmware with key and spoof it to the original Lite-on firmware then flash it to lt v3.0?
Is this correct?

Thanks

diego
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: Changing my Phat lite-on drive!

Post by moonknight »

Read your old drive, then flash it to your new drive. Should be as simple as that if they are the same drive. Another option is to move the old dvd board to the new drive, then no flashing required (just soldering the drive motor leads).
360fifa
Bandit
Bandit

Re: Changing my Phat lite-on drive!

Post by 360fifa »

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately this is not working out for me. I have tried using the dummy from the original drive and spoofing it with the LTPlus-0251-v3.0.bin file then flashing it to the new drive. When I re-attach the drive to the console and try a backup or original disk it doesn't read it, it keeps saying Unrecognized disk or Play Game, and if I hit Play Game the error message comes up saying cannot read media. I have also tried switching the key from the new drive for the old drive and then spoofing it with the LTPlus file but nothing just the same.

I just remembered that there was another drive in the console before the "old lite-on" the current drive got inserted. I am wondering if that is the dummy files that I need to be using and not the current drive's own??

Thanks for the responses.

diego

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”