Sata cards that are proven to work!

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
ohnoacucumber
Bandit
Bandit

Re: Sata cards that are proven to work!

Post by ohnoacucumber »

Hey static thanks for that I got mine to work with an ASUS sli also and the nForce chip set. The new 1.51 disk by Frosty recommends this. If you have trouble flashing just get that via card.. I got one for 20$ PRIORITY shipping not too bad but hey, it fixed all my problems.

~cucumber :shock:
fermec1
Peasant
Peasant

Post by fermec1 »

This is where I got my card from and have used it to flash 2 liteons and 2 samsungs useing jungleflasher

3 Port SATA PCI IDE Raid Card VIA VT6421A Chip VISTA UK on eBay, also IDE SATA Cards, Interface Cards, Desktop PC Components, Computing (end time 19-Apr-09 07:53:54 BST)

Fermec
fermec1
Peasant
Peasant

Post by fermec1 »

Here is the link for above

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-Port-SATA-PCI-I ... 240%3A1318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fermec
massy086
Peasant
Peasant

Post by massy086 »

this works great for me and cheap comes with cable a drivers disc
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VT6421-SATA-Seria ... 1|294%3A30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
chrislfc
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by chrislfc »

i have an asus P5G-MX motherboard and have flashed a hit 78 benq and a lite-on dirve with it
IF CALSBURG MADE LIER'S THEY WOULD PROBABLE NEVER BE AS GOOD AS HICKS AND GILLETT
kristopferhahn
Peasant
Peasant

Post by kristopferhahn »

I just got a VIA VT6421 Card and it still dosent work. Im using Iprep 101 to flash the Benq drive. When i use iprep it finds the VIA card and make a Bootable flash Stick. Then i reboot and when i get to the 074 to D1 step it never switches over to D1 . im using the Xbox to power the Drive. People say it takes longer if i use the xbox to power it but how much longer i waited 25 min. Please help
djshauny1
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by djshauny1 »

kristopferhahn wrote:I just got a VIA VT6421 Card and it still dosent work. Im using Iprep 101 to flash the Benq drive. When i use iprep it finds the VIA card and make a Bootable flash Stick. Then i reboot and when i get to the 074 to D1 step it never switches over to D1 . im using the Xbox to power the Drive. People say it takes longer if i use the xbox to power it but how much longer i waited 25 min. Please help
This is in the wrong section man
But
Use iprep 10.7
There was a few issues with 10.1
NeoRio
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by NeoRio »

Jman 31 wrote:my card is VIA VT6421A Serial ATA RAID PCI Controller Card
http://tekgems.com/Products/la-pci22-vt6421a.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is the card I use too. The driver CD (a mini CD) that came with it never worked, and I have had such trouble getting the proper driver for it. I have run into at least 3 drivers online and I am not sure if any of them are the right one. The one I think I went with finally was VIA_RAID_V520C. Can somebody please confirm if this is the right driver for this card, or if there is another version that is more solid?

I have recently been needing to use this card as an IDE controller for my Kreon drive since I don't have any IDE ports in my new motherboard...but when I connect my Kreon drive to the IDE port on the VT6421A, though the CD-ROM works, it doesn't work to unlock an Xbox360 game in XBC, it says the disc is already unlocked...but won't show anything.

I also have a SATA HD connected to the VT6421A at the same time...any idea if this card can handle both an IDE device and a SATA device at the same time?

TIA,
NeoRIo
spartacus99
Squire
Squire

Post by spartacus99 »

Nvidia nf3 onboard sata, recovered liteon and spoofed hitachi 78.
JP0503
Squire
Squire

Post by JP0503 »

Just wondering if I could get a little help. I cant install the drivers for my via card on Vista 64. I cant use Jungle Flasher. So I have an IBM laptop running windowsXP that Im going to reformat and use for flashing purposes only. Do the ExpressCard to SATA cards work ? like what are my options on using this laptop ??
yenracer
Squire
Squire

Post by yenracer »

hey guys,

i didn't want to start a new thread and wanted to ask a quick question.

i just want to know if this card works?
http://www.frys.com/product/5962424?sit ... IN_RSLT_PG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also, i bought it at frys and installed it with the device manager showing:
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll16 ... PX0169.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i don't see it displaying via vt6421a like all of yours?

i've tried to flash the l74 with it but after it says press Y to continue in klutsh 10.7 it hangs there forever?

thanks
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

i dont think that card will work
it has to be a via6421 a or l chipset

man
always start a new thread
that way it will get looked at
its dumb luck i saw this.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
yenracer
Squire
Squire

Post by yenracer »

hi mr. cofree,

on the frys link description is says via6421 chipset? is this not what your talking about?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

hey
that may work
it is a via chipset
you will just have to try it.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
yenracer
Squire
Squire

Post by yenracer »

i've tried it several times and it keeps saying no fw check all connection. and when i connect the sata cable to the pci slot it says something like if you want to install blah blah blah on linux?

i'm just about to give up on this. thanks for the reply mr. cofree.

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”