Bad "F"in night Power plug in upside down

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
technics
Squire
Squire

Re: Bad "F"in night Power plug in upside down

Post by technics »

Oh mate sorry to hear about that. Hope your ck3 is ok man. was that your only new lite-on drive??
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

technics wrote:Oh mate sorry to hear about that. Hope your ck3 is ok man. was that your only new lite-on drive??
haha this topic is pretty old...

This wasnt a new lite-on drive it was an a0a1 (as far as I remember...)

The CK3 should in theory be fine, but the drive was fried...
TaricTheDestroyer
Peasant
Peasant

Post by TaricTheDestroyer »

:( btw i did the same thing last wk with my ck2
so i just brought a ck3 as a replacement...

i guess it has its bad side and good side.
darktron
Bandit
Bandit

Post by darktron »

well two week a go whan i was flash my friend lite-on drive my CK3 probe light stay on green all the time now but it still work getting key from lite-on drive =)
tigndrag79
Peasant
Peasant

Post by tigndrag79 »

i need help i was trying to erase liteon in jungle flasher but pc froze so i tryed to do the dosdflash l-o-eras thing but all i get is status ffff. i powered down the drive and powered it back up but still nothing. I cant hook it to windows and jf because it freezes. and the drive wont eject anymore. please help.
NUll3D
Peasant
Peasant

Post by NUll3D »

here is what i do he he
bandag
Peasant
Peasant

Post by bandag »

ouch that has been a fear of mine but have made atempts with power of the xbox360 so far i am getting ck3 with probe i will careful thanks
daqid
Bandit
Bandit

Post by daqid »

this just happened to me 20 minutes ago. my brother brought me his 360 to flash, it was a lite-on 74 series. i made the mistake of asking him to help. i had the notebook sitting beside him with shootsteel's jungleflash tutorial playing so he would know whats going on. he cut the 360 on and ejected the tray and pulled the power plug out perfectly so i didn't think i had anything to worry about. while he was plugging it back in i seen a flash, but it barely went in cause when he moved his hand back it fall back out. it worked fine after that but my computer couldn't recognize it we tried it over and over. i did everything the jungle flasher tut said about the port i/o drivers but i ended up having to download and install them. after going through with that i was ready to try it again and the drive won't open, i don't hear it either. i been messing with it and it'll eject every once in a while but it won't keep functioning.

that means that its pretty much messed up or should i just leave it alone for a couple of hours since its trying to do something?
I should of played some cooler games before getting banned!
scs100303
Peasant
Peasant

Post by scs100303 »

Now I'm having a bad F'n night too, same exact thing just happened to me. Plugged the power cord in upside down while doing the tray half open method, saw some smoke coming out the back of the drive, turned everything off. Now the drive will not eject:(

Before the drive f'd up on me i was able to get all the bins though....Key/Inquiry/Identify and Dummy.bin

Anyone have any suggests as to what I can do to get my xbox working again? Or do i just have to trash it?
rkd2398
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by rkd2398 »

scs100303 wrote:Now I'm having a bad F'n night too, same exact thing just happened to me. Plugged the power cord in upside down while doing the tray half open method, saw some smoke coming out the back of the drive, turned everything off. Now the drive will not eject:(

Before the drive f'd up on me i was able to get all the bins though....Key/Inquiry/Identify and Dummy.bin

Anyone have any suggests as to what I can do to get my xbox working again? Or do i just have to trash it?

If you were able to extract that info, then you can spoof it into another drive.
[url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/rkd2398[/url]

Please No Questions by PM, Use the board that's what it's for.
Scorpion28
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Scorpion28 »

Wow sorry to hear cofree. You would think they would put something on there to stop the plug from just fitting in so easily.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

well they do
but
it did not work very well on the liteon :)
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”